2022 BMW X3 xDrive30i Lease deal good?

2022 BMW X3 xDrive30i
Mineral White + Cognac Perforated

MSRP: $51040
Cash Down: $3000
Monthly Payment: $702
Months: 36
Mileage: 10000/yr

Dealer said for every $1000 less in cash down add $30 in monthly payments.

Is this a good or decent lease deal?

Post their worksheet?

Are you seriously considering this offer? Are you getting any discount off MSRP? It does not look like it. I would strongly suggest taking a look at some broker deals in the “Marketplace” to get an idea of what a reasonable deal looks like.

2 Likes

You could finance, with the same money down, and have approximately the same payment… you tell me if this is a good deal. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

“Dealer said for every $1000 less in cash down add $30 in monthly payments.” This is pertinent… why? Anyone can calculate (at least I would hope) that $1,000 divided by 36 month (plus the assumption of the rent charge) yields a difference of ~$30/mo. Don’t fall into that trap. Throwing additional money into the fire does not change the fact that a bad deal sucks.

1 Like

No, $800/mo is not a good deal

2 Likes

Run and never look back

Saying this for your own good. If you know this little about leasing you are probably going to get destroyed in the finance office.

Don’t be like the guy who was so embarrassed about what happened in there that he couldn’t even own it (“my wife signed everything while I was in the restroom!”).

There are two choices for everyone starting off, including all the regulars here who started off in the same position at some point:

A. Educate yourself with all the helpful content here starting with all the articles in the Leasing 101 section (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR), and then have an educated discussion about how to make a decent deal better, if possible.

B. Refuse to spend 30-60 minutes on Choice A above and thus remain uneducated about leasing and get taken advantage of every 2-3 years for the rest of one’s life.

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

No one is jealous of an $800/mo 330i.

Let’s not run another thread into the ground just to light money on fire to “spite” people that are going out of their way to try to save you money.

6 Likes

have you contact any broker?
I contract a broker at here. He gave me following numbers.
2022 x3 xdrive30i MSRP 48,290
10k/36mo
605 + Tax (Socal), $2500 drive off (No Royalty, No MSD)

I think this is still okay to me in this market.
There is few % discount from MSRP.

Paying $6xx for a 4 cylinder base X3 does not sound good. The market sucks and manufacturers are not providing much in incentives. They don’t have to. Gone are the days when you could score 10%+ off MSRP on most BMWs on top of enticing rebates.

2 Likes

The good news is that if you have something (fairly new) to trade, you’ll likely make up the difference if you’re a smart and informed shopper.

Like the person using close to $8k in equity in their existing lease to “trade up” to a new X1, while keeping the same monthly?

1 Like

I agree with you. But I think 10%+ off will not be happened in the near future.

Unfortunately, we have to lease 2nd car at this crazy market.
So we concluded buying/leasing under MSRP is good especially for high demand SUV model as either luxury or non-luxury brand is selling w/ premium at current market.

If everything goes back to normal, I hope 1% MSRP monthly payment could be back as well.

Preach.

Forget about that rule. It is a useless metric.

3 Likes

So many red flags here.

MSRP is just a made-up number. Stop thinking % discount off MSRP is indicative of any value without evaluating what you actually get for your dollars.

Same for “% of MSRP” as a leasing metric.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.