2021 X5 M base Lease Deal

Looking to see if Im getting a good lease deal here (Nor-CA BMW dealer)

2021 X5 M base
MSRP: 115545
Mileage: 115
~8% discount including incentives
MF: 0.00086
RV: .55
7500/36

So far, the last proposal I got is 10k down (includes first month payment and registration fees…etc) and $1342/month including tax, I know I can do better, but the question is, how much better?

What would be considered a good deal on this specific car with that MSRP/discount/RV/MF?

Thanks in advance!

Never put 10k down on a LEASE. If you wreck the car, you will never see it back.

Drive off with fees should be around 3.5k

A good deal would be about 10% pre-incentive discount at base MF. You’re around 6-7% pre-incentive at base MF depending on what incentives are included.

Search the marketplace, there are tons of data points and BMW brokers who can help you out.

Use this money for 7 MSDs, not a down payment.

4 Likes

Thanks, what would be a good down/monthly payment for this car that you guys see out there?

That’s not how this works.

Get all the details (MF, RV, MSRP, sale price before incentives, incentives, dealer fees, taxes) and input these into the calculator. Play around with different discount and DAS amounts, and then you tell us what you think a good payment/DAS is, and we can then guide you from there.

I would do some more research and find possibly an out of state dealer willing to do a CA deal, or go with a broker. Great vehicle by the way!!

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

As others have said, that’s not how it works around here. Payment shopping won’t get anywhere, especially here.

Plenty of references for X5M’s especially in CA. GLWT

Thanks guys. Im new here and don’t really know how it works here, sharing the numbers I got from the dealer here

Seems like with 5k drive off- We are around $100 difference from the dealer offer and the calc, would this still a good deal for this sale price?

I dont think you are listening to any of the good advice being given here. You seem to want to be spoon fed a deal and this isn’t how this forum works.

The way i see it, you have 2 options:

1. Forget any money down. Focus on only 1st month payment due at signing or absolute minimum drive-off fees etc. You need to ask for 10-11% discount BEFORE any incentives at base MF. You should confirm the MF and available incentives by posting/asking on the correct Edmunds forums and cross-check with what’s the dealer is offering you. Shop the overall deal and don’t focus on the monthly payment.

2. If you don’t want to do any of whats listed above, there are plenty of CA BMW brokers here on this forum’s marketplace that can help you out. Just go with any of them.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any X5M deals shared here in a long time. So IDK if the usual discount metric for garden variety BMWs applies to this car.

That being said the OP should check out the Marketplace section to see what % dealers and brokers are offering

Totally understandable. That’s what I said ask, lets see where OP gets with it.

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

One got posted a couple days ago for a 150 mile “demo”

Can you share the thread please? I found couple threads but those were a bit older

Also, I have shared all the details of the car in the post, I saw comments saying I should ask for 10-11% discount, which I haven’t seen anywhere, Im getting around 8% currently on the offer I have before loyalty incentive

Err, I’m wrong. It was an m5

Is that before or after incentives? What incentives are you qualified for?

I have a current lease with BMW FS so they are offering me 1k loyalty credit, thats the only incentive I know so far, anything else I should ask for?

What did Edmunds provide for standard incentives?

No incentives for this specific vehicle