2021 X3 M40i // 64K MSRP // $597/month // NO MSD // $1500 DAS

, , ,

What about the orange sunglasses?
Throw them in and I’ll will

1 Like

Orange is out of style now.

I will throw them in but only for you. They are nice too—Frogskins.

2 Likes

I was aware of this. I was sort of expecting someone here to figure out the location of this photo based on the satellite map on the infotainment screen.

2 Likes

People, if you want this model this is the one to grab. The price is right, and the build is perfect.

Someone take this before I get yelled at by my wife for driving too fast again.

1 Like

You should take your own advice :wink:

3 Likes

I should! But I seldom do which is why I’m always in trouble!

My guess is this car isn’t super desirable, and pent up demand for this trim was mostly met at the end of CY20.

To confirm cash due $2500? Is to OP

So for NY total would be
$2500 to OP
$500 transfer fee
$1700 ( about in NY sales tax)

That’s right. I am not a tax expert (and lease transfer tax has always been confusing to me), so not totally sure on that point—your number sounds plausible to me though.

To add another data point: current Carvana offer is about 50,500 and current wholesale payoff is around 52,000. It’s possible you could see some positive equity this year, but far from guaranteed.

Reminds me of the great detectives of “Don’t F* with Cats”

3 Likes

DAS reduced. Let’s go.

1 Like

DAS reduced again.

Get Vroom or Carvana to buy out my XC60 at $37k and you got a deal!

Side note, do you know if taxes are due in full or is there an option to roll them in with the transfer? I also assume there will be an additional ~$250 or so for reg fees?

What’s the M Adaptive Suspension like? Do you notice a real world difference?

Beautiful color combo / build. The only thing I would’ve added was the optional 21” M wheels. Must on this car.

GLWT OP!

1 Like

Not when the OP lives on Downstate NY roads lol

1 Like

Nah, you’d be surprised how strong the OEM wheels are. I’m in the NYC tri state area, as well.

It’s usually the soft aftermarket wheels that’ll give you problems on these roads.

1 Like

I am not sure on the taxes, as it’s highly variable by local taxation jurisdiction. I wouldn’t want to offer tax guidance, for fear of being wrong and unintentionally misleading someone.

For me it’s a must have on this trim. In Sport Plus, it’s super stiff (close to X3 M) and you get a lot of detailed road feedback. In Comfort and Adaptive, it’s very comfortable with a hint of sportiness and enough ride smoothness that it feels more like a luxury hauler.

Basically, when I’m driving fast by myself, the car is in Sport Plus with the shifter to the left in Sport mode. When my family is in the car, it’s in Comfort/Adaptive.

1 Like

Between the roads and occasional city parking to run an errand, I’m happy I went with the 19s. The rims are in perfect condition for the person who acquires this lease.

1 Like