2021 X3 M40i // 64K MSRP // $597/month // NO MSD // $1500 DAS

, , ,

OK, you are entitled to your opinion, my friend. I see that as a difference without a distinction. You are free to not apply for this car! Thank you!

I can only speak for myself, but the point of my contribution to this thread was to help you move the car. Perhaps allow people to apply if they’re interested, even if you don’t think BMW FS would approve them. GLWT!

Mine actually wasn’t immediate. Went through 2 immediate denials with 2 subsequent cosigner applications emailed to BMWFS first. Both of these people had dual incomes with excellent credit, had just purchased a home, with good leasing history. And this isn’t like a $600/mo payment, it was $313 for 16 months.

My successful applicant was immediate and had a long car loan history as well. I’m not sure why they liked her over the others, but just my two cents.

3 Likes

That may have been the nail in the coffin for the denial… taking on hundreds of thousands in “Debt”

I’ll take it if you give me a good back story on those photos.

You’re in luck @Jrouleau426!

A few years ago I founded a non-profit in Upstate NY to support retooling and re-skilling of multi-generational family businesses. Idea was to help mitigate “rust belt” outcomes and perceptions before they came to define and consume our communities. Those first two photos are in front of success stories.

3 Likes

Very interesting… tell us more in a separate thread

DAS lowered in post at top of thread.

Two denied applicants so far this week.

BMW FS should pay you commission for all of the failed applicants you’re bringing them since they’re getting $100 a credit whack

1 Like

no he should raise the required salary to $300k to pay that monthly :rofl:

I kid I kid…

1 Like

Might want to update the title too.

Four denials.

DAS reduced, mileage updated. Let me know if any questions.

Just curious why you keep lowering your DAS? If you’ve gotten four people willing to apply with your current DAS ask, doesn’t that mean you’ve priced it correctly? They didn’t get approved when they applied, but I don’t think lowering your DAS would solve that issue. I think the deal is priced right as it is - you just need more qualified buyers apparently.

That’s kinda speculative… if we’re going that route I could guess those 4 people were tier II and agreed to the DAS because the effective monthly was lower than they were getting at the dealership.

The only incontrovertible fact here is that the original DAS ask was followed by N months of the OP making $597 payments each month.

Could a lower price entice more qualified applicants to get off the fence? Generally that’s how it works.

I just think by lowering the DAS he’s leaving money on the table since the market has spoken and people are willing to pay his previous DAS ask (assuming the four applicants who got denied didn’t negotiate and gave him what he asked for in full).

The new DAS might entice a new set of four people to apply and get denied. But point being, a lower DAS won’t necessarily get him “qualified applicants” - it will just get him more applicants.

Why not just wait for the fifth guy/gal to apply with the original DAS and hopefully BMW FS approves them?

Maybe coz it’s 75 posts, 6 weeks, and 4 applicants later… still at square one :slight_smile: after all that, it’s probably just to get it over and done with

5 Likes

This. There is another app from a LH member going in now. I’m hopeful this will be the one.

I think Max’s point is that the market has spoken; only people that can’t actually qualify are willing to pay his previous DAS ask. That may be because the price is cheaper than they’re seeing elsewhere, because of their bad credit. Right now, the market has spoken in that 0 qualified applicants (this one in process potentially being the exception) have bit at the current price.

5 Likes

To each his own I guess. Good luck with the current applicant, OP.

This is Stage 2 pending to an awesome, local LH member.

To everyone who joined me in this journey, seriously, thank you.

5 Likes