2021 VW Tiguan SE $299/mo w/tax

I am looking for 24/10k on a 2021 VW Tiguan SE

MSRP: $30,6##
MF: .00006
RV: 60%
NJ Tax: 6.625%
$350 Lease Cash

Would a $299/mo with all taxes and fees included in monthly be a good lease price? Let me know if this is out of the question or if you think I can do better.

Is this an actual quote or a hypothetical offer that has no basis in reality? It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like

Absolutely understood, thanks for the reply.

I’ve done all the DD as far as the incentives/numbers. I’m asking for 20+% off MSRP, wondering if anyone else was able to work out something similar because I haven’t seen it. Maybe if someone sees this post they can add input that has not been shared with the community yet.

I will be going to the dealer today and need the car somewhat in a hurry since I’m now unexpectedly without a vehicle. I was hoping for any input.

dealers just got their allocations slashed in half, most aren’t going below invoice (~3.5%)

this target is absolutely absurd in this market. Wouldn’t even be remotely realistic in a normal market either

4 Likes

How did you come up with 20+% off as your target?

1 Like

I figured it was a long shot. I got 22% MSRP on my last lease, I must’ve gotten pretty lucky or the dealer needed to push the cars out.

Yeah, I figured it would be an absurd ask. That’s why I’m here for some input

What was possible last time you leased and what is possible now are not even remotely related.

In NJ, Rodo has it at $399 for 48 mos with 399 das … and that is if the dealer will even honor it.

2 Likes

Your last lease is irrelevant to your current target pricing. I’d recommend following the step by step instructions given above to work out where you should be targeting.

2 Likes

Don’t even know where to start at, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for this

Sure do.

The best place to start is

Please read links in there such as “how to calculate payments” and other helpful articles.

It might seem like a lot but TBH there are fewer <60 minute exercises which will save you so much time, money and anxiety over your driving lifetime.

It may also save you (after your negotiations with LH input) inside the finance office where no one can from the internet can really help you.

Remember, it’s almost impossible to reverse-engineer the math starting from the output (monthly payment) and figure out if it’s a good deal. Start at the beginning.

Then scour shared deals and the marketplace for June numbers.

2 Likes

FYI everyone.

I just got back from the dealership and priced out a more expensive Tiguan SE than I originally built online.

MSRP: $32,3##
RV: 53%
MF: 0.00006
39/10k
$492/mo
$0 DAS

I was told there are no 24mo leases only 39mo. I did not try to talk them down, I want to price out some other vehicles before I pursue. I inputted this into the calculator and seems I would be paying over MSRP at this price.

Going to dealers and asking them how much they want you to pay is a bad plan.

Going to the dealer is for taking test drives and taking delivery. You need to work out your target deal on the vehicle to know what to negotiate to.

Follow the instructions you were given in this thread.

2 Likes

I wanted to get their quote, hence why I’m not driving a VW right now. I had already planned to go to the dealer to check the car out today as it is my only day free. They asked me to run the numbers and I abliged.

Just so I understand:

• you proposed a deal that was a long shot, even in normal times
  • you got feedback on what would be realistic
  • you got pointers on how to educate yourself and structure a reasonable deal
  • instead of taking that advice, you went to the dealership to see what they would say?
2 Likes

And now every conversation with them about price will be referenced against this offer. You’ve allowed them to dictate the whole frame of reference. You’ve also ceased to be a quick, easy, no effort sale.

2 Likes

Just so you know, this isn’t my first rodeo. I have used this website in the past and have gotten a spectacular deal. Unfortunately my time is more limited these days. not sure why y’all are jumping to conclusions?..

You thought 22% off a Tiguan in June 2021 was worth sending to a dealer :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Good luck in your search.

2 Likes