2021 Volvo XC90 T8 Recharge Inscription 7 seater MSRP $75,490, 36/12k, $899 (including tax) per month, 0 DAS, 5 MSD

Year, Make, Model: 2021 Volvo XC90 T8 Recharge Inscription 7 seater
MSRP: $75,490
Selling Price: $69,300 (8.2% off)
Monthly Payment: $816 + tax ($899 total)
Drive-Off Amount: $0
MSDs: 5 total ($4500)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Adjusted MF: 0.00093
Residual: 54%
Incentives: $3750 lease cash, $500 healthcare provider pin, $1133 CA clean vehicle rebate
Region: West (So Cal)
Leasehackr Score: 7.9 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

Sorry, this deal isn’t for the 1%-ers :wink:

After realizing the Q8 was going to lease horribly, I put in some effort on the Volvo XC90 plug in hybrid. Started off with trying to get a deal on the 6 seated Inscription Expression but the dealer I found didn’t have one with the surround cameras that I wanted so I agreed on a 7 seated Inscription Expression at 71k. Deal agreed on and credit application applied. Then I got a call 20 minutes later saying the dealer had sold it and hadn’t updated the inventory (at first I didn’t want to believe it but the buyers were there when I signed my deal). Moved onto another 7 seater Inscription and then that was sold before I even got a quote. Deals were at about 6% off on the previous models. (All three of us were there signing at the same time in the evening)

Because of their mistake on the first deal, they were able to offer a 8.2% discount before incentives on this higher trim/MSRP for just a bit more on the monthly, and even went the distance to drop the monthly from 901 to under 900 so the MSD rounded up to 900.

Overall, very happy with the deal, given the current situation. I was able to sell our Atlas SE V6, whose lease was terminating in 4 months for $6600 over the lease payoff. Leasing this car took a lot of effort and research on every car within a 200 mile radius and making calls to close to 10 dealers. I ran my own numbers on every single trim (The XC90 T8 has a million different trims, 6 seat vs 7 seat, R line, etc). Some dealers were kind, and others would barely drop the MSRP. It may have helped that we were at the end of the month too.

EDIT 10/2: Finally able to take some pictures.

12 Likes

Decent deal in this market. Even to get it at slightly above 1% in this time is a feat.

But when we run the real numbers we see it may not be replicable nationwide since you have first responder discount and CA rebate.

3 Likes

Congrats on the XC90 and thanks for sharing the details!
We’re in the market for one as well and just about ready to pull the trigger (need a lease transfer to clear first).
It looks like the discount (8.2%) was a little more than the federal rebate on these ($5419) which I believe the bank receives. I’m trying to determine how to approach a discount on the car keeping that in mind.
Good luck with it!

1 Like

not in 2021.

Yea, I’m not sure how much the bank receives. Someone else may know.

Regardless, in the current market, targeting a car with better incentives was my goal. Thankfully, this car was high on our list of favorites for a family SUV so it worked out.

1 Like

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

according to this site it does. 2021 XC90 recharge.

According to the NE region program on 21 xc90s, it doesnt.

I think your looking at manf rebates (however that is determined), not the federal tax credit which would apply directly to the consumer if they would have purchased the car.
It’s my understanding the bank (volvo financial) receives this credit instead since they are the ones actually purchasing the car, then “renting” it to you.
BMW passed the entire federal tax credit onto the consumer (in the form of a rebate) for the i3’s I leased and it was a clearly identified line item. With Volvo, its unknown if they are passing part of the rebate onto you or not. Each T8 trim level has a different rebate.

It’s not unknown. You literally responded to the breakdown of lease cash by trim.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter. The incentives that are available are the incentives that are available. It doesn’t matter what they call them. Also, keep in mind that some banks subvene directly with incentives, some lower the mf, some boost the rv, etc.

1 Like

I understand that, but it’s nice to know how much rebate you are getting vs how much off MSRP you can negotiate. The final discount (say 12%) is all that matters in the end but its good to know what they get from the Feds which you can use in your negotiation.

No, it isn’t.

Your negotiation is between you and the dealer. The only thing that is relevant is what incentives are being offered. If the bank is pocketing the tax credit or not doesn’t make a bit of difference. The incentives are whatever the incentives are, exactly like if there wasn’t a federal tax credit.

You’re never going to get anywhere saying “I want a bigger discount from the dealer because the bank got a tax credit”.

1 Like

I see what you’re saying. I was thinking its all one machine but that’s not true. It is separate entities. Thanks.

1 Like

Be careful with that crazy heretic language you’re using, there are probably some people foaming at the mouth after reading “1%”.

2 Likes

Glad I went broker, did an Expression T8 w. 10 MSDs came in a bit lower. but also $7k less car.

Love the car so far too.

I had a deal on a 7 seat expression at 72k msrp for 820/month including 10.25% tax rate with 5 MSDs and zero DAS for 36 months/12k miles. Unfortunately their inventory hadn’t been updated and when they went to get the car, they saw the sold sign. There were no other expressions with the options I wanted so they moved up to the inscription for a bit more. The inscription had a bit worse MF/residual but they discounted a higher percentage

Not a bad deal in current market. You’ll appreciate the upgrade to real inscription) :blush: (coming from owner of ins expression) Congrats!

1 Like

Can you please share dealer information?
Thank you.

Was able to take some pictures of the car today. Uploaded the original post with them

1 Like