2021 Volvo S60 recharge lease ending

I have a leased Volvo S60 plug-in hybrid that will end in march that i am planning on buying out. i am debating if i should keep it or sell it. The deal i got was precovid when they were giving them away (thanks to benedetto).

What cars are comparable to the this S60 in terms of performance and comfort. i am looking at m340i xdrive but i am not sure if its worth 25k more…

Appreciate any input

I’m in the same boat. Do you have an equity in your S60?

That would have to be a LOT of equity as Volvo won’t let him trade it in for a non volvo. (He would have to buyout and pay sales tax)

in no way should you ever consider buying that car out, unless you enjoy lighting money on fire.

2 Likes

my buyout is 28k and the car value is 40+ even with fees and taxes I should be good no?

Can you elaborate on why a buyout would be a bad move? What about a buyout and sale to recapture the equity?

Most Volvos do not have equity. This seems to be the oddball though I’m not sure why

It’s very easy to get bids online so what’s the best bid?

The theoretical value is irrelevant if that’s what the 40+ number is.

1 Like

I am going to a dealer Friday I guess we will find our how much they offer but the lease deal I got was insane which is why there might be some equity.

Plug the information in as-if you own it, compare to the current payoff. You’ll have lots of actual comparables in an hour, sitting at home.

Of all the Volvos that I would NOT buy-out when the lease ends, this is one I probably would. Volvo has a 5 year / unlimited warranty on CPOs, the only conversation I’d have with the dealer is about processing your buyout and CPO’ing it for a reasonable fee.

1 Like

What makes this a better candidate for a buy-out, in your opinion?

Yes its a great car and financially the wise decision is to keep it…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.