2021 Velar R-Dynamic Lease - dealership offer

If I could tip you for this response I would, it’s gold. Thank you for taking the time to assist.

2 Likes

No prob, happy to help. When you put together your target deal, run it by us before starting to approach dealers and we can help make sure you’re set up for success.

1 Like

Make this the canned response :point_up:

2 Likes

This actually explains a lot. Average Joe goes in with expectations based on nonsense “metrics” off the net like paying $125/m for every 10k of MSRP. In states where sales tax on leases is low, dealers can jack up a car’s price to hit that target

This is one of the numerous reasons why a blanket % of MSRP metric is completely useless. It’s not even applicable across a singular vehicle, much less as a general metric across all vehicles.

1 Like

Since you said you are set on car but in no rush, I’d join the American Equestrian Society, and tighten-up my relationship with Chase to see if a pin deal emerges later in spring. And/or: if there aren’t big changes for next model year, try to grab one closer to the end of model year (gambling with inventory).

3 Likes

Well damn, its a $5200 loser according to them, better jump ASAP

/end sarcasm

1 Like

Horses require a ton of food on an indefinite basis. This plan could be short sighted.

You can join as a fan to receive the

:worried:
:point_right: :point_left:
Please give me 5-10% off code

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

Your state sucks. This “deal” sucks. Those saying the % rule doesn’t work it does. Stop trying to invalidate it because this deal sucks.

2 Likes

Except it doesn’t. Doesn’t hold up to any critical thinking whatsoever. It’s also completely unrelated to this deal being bad.

2 Likes

No it’s like Dave Ramsey says: buy your fun, lease your car, rent your horse. I would personally join the ES and skip the :racehorse: all together.

I agree with you. I also think that if you measured the sentiments of forum members to a deal, you will see a strong drop off if the monthly exceeds higher than 1% of the MSRP. Perhaps we are too conditioned to it at this point.

I think if we asked the question without context, that’d be true, as it’s a conditioned response at this point. As soon as you start asking about specific deals, however, that goes out the window. It’s trying to assign causation to made up correlation that doesn’t even hold true.

Ironically, I don’t know of anyone that claims a deal having an lh score of 8.5 makes it a good deal or not.

I hope I’m not hijacking the conversation (full of very useful advice as-is): do any of these negotiation tactics/numbers apply to a custom Velar order? Does the dealer have any incentive to move an inch off the “MSRP + Tax” price, whether it’s by using MF, Chase PIN, or any other lever? Assume the car to be on the upper end of the price range yet with some atypical choices.

Sorry bubs

Which spreadsheet?

@caldwebs what is this spreadsheet - can you share it or is it proprietary?

@Bostoncarconcierge i’m very sorry, i got confused whose post that was. My apologies.

Nothing to be sorry about. Just wanted to make sure!

1 Like

That screenshot is from a dealer’s deal desking application. That’s how the dealer was showing the deal/offer to the buyer. Not every dealer/broker shows that since it has a lot of info that may or may not be relevant. And it doesn’t truly reflect how much a dealer is making off the deal

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.