2021 Toyota Tacoma SR V6 4x4 - $3955 One-Pay

How did the MF get to .00108

1 Like

TFS MF is regional so .00208 less .00100 for one-pay?

Possibly buyrate was less than .00208 and there was a markup

You get a .00100 deduction for doing a one pay? Is this just for Toyota or all manufacturers?

Also, can’t you just add GAP through your insurance company?

Buyrate is .00208, no mark-up

It varies. IIRC for the Chevy Bolt in the fall it was -.00073 on a 36m lease (smaller deduction for 24m).

I looked around and mine seems extremely competitive for (technically) $164 a month all in. I will look into TFS’s policy but I know that I’m prorated with my Etron and Bolt. Worst case, my insurance (Progressive) offers GAP for $20/6 months

The best two I’ve seen are: 2021 Toyota Tacoma SR 4x4 V6 Double Cab $134/month, $1834 DAS and Signed: 2021 Toyota Tacoma SR V6 4WD - $142/mo - $0 DAS but I don’t have loyalty/college grad

Also if anyone knows - what key comes with this car? I’ve read a lot of conflicting info online

Unfortunately those are two different things. GAP protects you from having to pay the entire difference between the insurance payout and the balance on the lease.

It won’t pay you cash to proratedly refund your one-pay. So that’s a different risk you need to investigate.

Right, because there’s no “difference” between my insurance and remaining payments on a one-pay. I will research and update

The key is this style

Thank you!

You can’t get GAP with 1-Pay because you are essentially paying 24 months worth of payments at once. Toyota Rule

That’s fine. No one in their right mind would pay TFS pricing for GAP

Why? I pay GAP on my Toyota leases. GAP is like $545 on the lease?

I don’t need GAP but I do need to find out if I will be prorated by TFS in the case of a total loss

Toyota does not do GAP on 1-Pay. Region might differ though

Holy moly that’s expensive. It’s like $120 for 36 months through my insurance company.

Again, insurance doesn’t cover whole amount. It’s only partial.

I see so it breaks down like this:

In the event of a total loss of the truck:

Total truck remaining payoff: $33,000
Total truck market value: $30,000

GAP will cover the $3,000 difference (through your private insurance, Toyota’s GAP covers this difference AND remaining money put down etc?)

But say you are only 1 month into your one pay of $3,900, that money is essentially lost?

If you cannot do a full GAP through Toyota, as they don’t allow for one pay, how do you insure against that one pay amount of $3,900? Not that it is a lot of money but this is nice to know.

I do not know how it works. Not my expertise.