2021 Toyota Highlander XLE 2WD - TEXAS($359!)

Not according to your contract. It is $25260

Ohh okā€¦ with $25260ā€¦ I am getting monthly payment as $367.

Also, Tax is 0% Not 1.25%ā€¦ rite?

Acquisition - $695
Dealer fees - $150
Title, registration - $203
Total (section 14) - 1048

Why would the tax be 0%?

Well, ok, the contract doesnā€™t seem to itemize tax anywhere. Thatā€™s very odd.

$367 is what the calculator seems to output with zero drive off. Youā€™re not doing a $0 drive off. You did first monthā€™s DAS.

Because of section 11 Eā€¦ due to tax credit

I agree that the contract says no tax. Iā€™ve never seen a texas tax credit take it down to 0% tax though. Perhaps one of the texas folks can chime in. @derekoh1991 @IAC Does the remaining tax get billed separately like person property tax in other states?

Yup! Nor meā€¦ the lowest I have seen is 1%

The only way I am getting to $359 is when RV is 58.8% and tax is 0%

Contract clearly states the RV. It outputs $358/mo with $358 DAS with all the contract info (58% RV) and 0% tax (which I still find very odd, perhaps a dealer error in processing the tax credits?)

Looks like maybe they rolled the tax amount into the higher selling price, which would be what gets you from $36624 where you thought you were to the contract $37076. Thatā€™s just about spot on for a 1.25% difference. Weird.

Got it! Now it makes sense why the SP in contract(~37k) is higher than the deal sheet(~36k)

Maybe, higher the SP/gross capitalized costā€¦ better for the dealership!!

Thanks a lot in getting to the correct numbersā€¦ I have updated the post accordingly

Sales Tax should be on #14 under ā€œEstimated Official Fees and Taxes.ā€
RV at 58.8 is not possible. I can even show you the USBank residual.
Itā€™s 60% at 36 months and 58% on 39 months.

Maybe not actually through us bank?

It looks like the USBank contract

What does it say on #14?

I have added the contract details in above messages

#14 is $1048 which is just acquisition fees, govt fees and doc fessā€¦ tax is N/A(0%)

RV is 58%ā€¦ @mllcb42 corrected itā€¦ refer the post description, it has up-do-date informationā€¦

Itā€™s 36 months contract with RV 58%.

Initially they pushed for 39 months but I was firm on 36/15 $0 down

Itā€™s the dealer discount coupled with aggressive MF & tax credit by the bank which made this deal happenā€¦

So with a bit further review of the US Bank programs, I see the issue.

58% makes no sense because the programs listed state the RV should be 60%, but with a $42100 MRM.

Well, 60% of $42100 (the actual program) just happens to be the same as 58% of $43590 (what I had calculated).

That resolves the us bank weirdness. Doesnā€™t solve the tax issue though, which still makes no sense and could be cause for the contract not to fund.

How do you sell your vehicles? The amount listed on the right bottom corner(distributor suggested price or manufacturer suggested priceā€¦ you advertise based of distributor suggested price as MSRP!!

Can you show me one listing from your website where MSRP on the webpage is same as MSRP on the window sticker(without dealer additions - distributor suggested price)ā€¦

RV for XSE is 60% not for XLEā€™s as today evening I closed 2 XSEā€™s for my friends where RV is 60%!

The deal is a clean dealā€¦ I just need to follow-up with finance manger on how they managed 0% tax

I have no clue what youā€™re ranting about.

I donā€™t sell any vehicles. Iā€™m not a car dealer. I was clarifying the confusion regarding the 58% RV which is not supported by the current us bank programs for a 36 month lease on a fwd xle. The contract appears to show 58% of the msrp value, which would be a problem as thatā€™s not the program. What it actually is showing is 60% of the $42100 MRM set by the bank. Happens to be the same dollar value. I incorrectly assumed earlier that the RV was being based off the msrp. Some banks set an MRM, which is the case here.

If anything, that clarification supports the deal being ā€œcleanā€ more so than having a RV not supported by the programs listed.

As for the tax, that still doesnā€™t make sense to me.

Bet that XSE has MRM cap too, but the cap is within 45,800. So they are fine there