2021 Tahoe Premier - Is this a good deal?

LOL. I mean I think it’s a great deal because of the educator discount and Costco, since GM isn’t offering any other incentives… but what do I know! haha

I’m not sure about the exact dealer fees etc. as I’m paying that upfront w/ taxes anyway, but here’s what the calc says:

Actually, now that I’m re-running the numbers I think it’s a good deal LOL. Calc says $814.

It looks to be an average deal. The Leasehacker score is 7 years, which is just OK.

For example, there is a BMW X7 Msport loaner advertised here with a lower DAS and monthly payment, even with your tax rate. That’s for a car that has an MSRP of almost $13k more than your Tahoe. I haven’t seen any Tahoes advertised here, but you can ask a broker.

Also if the calculator has a different payment than you’re quoted, something wasn’t entered properly. Beating the calculator on prices means there was an error. You want the calculator to be accurate, and you judge the deal based on the Leasehackr Score (higher years means better deal)

You might save some money by speaking with a broker.

I can’t really in good conscience tell anyone that they should be effectively paying almost $1,000 a month for a Chevy Tahoe. At that point if you really want it I’d just look into financing it instead.

2 Likes

It is an effective payment of 940 dollars based on my quick and possibly flawed math; you might as well buy it.

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated help!

It’s overpriced either way IMO, doesn’t really matter if you lease or finance it.

I believe @stellarauto had some great deals on Escalades. You should peep his thread.

Why? The new Tahoe is super nice in every way. Expensive yes, but every decent full size SUV is $70k these days.

As a reference. I am paying my 19 Ford expedition max limited with a similar MSRP, for 716 per month with only first month due at sign, 36/12k. Yes, it is a different vehicle, but I don’t think the new Tahoe is significantly nicer than an pxpedition limited. If you are not deadly set with Tahoe, think about something similar but much much cheaper. BTW, I did not have PCO when I was signing the contract, that says, it is not a undonable deal.

Do you need the premier? Anything specific you have to have at that trim level? The LT is very well optioned with the signature package, that’s why I ask. And is substantially cheaper. Here’s a link to a deal I just signed. Out of 5 dealerships in my area, only one would discount this much. Most have a 2-3k markup on them still.

Thanks everyone! True – the deals are just terrible on the GM products but luckily my wife has the educators discount.

We’re at $749 with $5000 upfront for taxes, fees etc. + first month payment.
As opposed to a Yukon SLT for $736 for about $4600 upfront for taxes fees etc (including 1st month).

We love the maple interior on the Premier and that nice grill in the front.
The SLT was nice too but the dealers just aren’t budging, and the brokers are having an incredibly difficult time in the area getting anything.

YOU ALL ROCK! love the feedback and suggestions. Thank you everyone!!!

The regular length Expedition is comparable to the Tahoe, I presume that would be cheaper?

Exp Max is Suburban sized

If you’re willing to travel a little there’s a dealer in Flemington NJ with similar MSRP Tahoes advertising around 2,000 to 2,500 off sticker. If accurate, combined with Costco and the Educator discount you could save a bit of money. @shahid7624 may be able to give you some contact info at the dealer if you asked them. Those numbers are definitely beatable with some real dealer discount thrown in with the Educator code and the Costco rebate.

2 Likes

You’re not getting anything beyond supplier so you should be able to get the same on the Yukon SLT. You should compare the RV and mf on the Tahoe and Yukon’s to figure out which one actually leases better this month with the standard supplier discount. If you’re willing to pay 950 a month don’t rule out the Denali.

In Texas where I am they are giving 6-9k off msrp on premier and high country. I would wait or shop outside of NY area if possible . Also look at the LT if you don’t want all the bells and wheels you can get that for around 55k before tax.

Whatever you do, don’t put money down! Wreck it and you’re out that $4 to $5k

It’s better than the $1100 I was quoted on a Yukon today lol

1 Like

I am in Texas. DFW to be precise. Just at the dealership looking at 2021 Tahoe RST. msrp $67000 After dealer discount and costco discount priced at $62000.
Thats the max discount I could squeeze out. Curious how are you getting $6k-$9k off?
With trade in value of my old acura at $5800, the monthly is coming at $749. Looking at 10k miles and 36 month lease.
Not sure if its a good deal or if I should keep looking?

Horrible deal.

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been.

So unless you are willing to push this boulder uphill, you need to look at other makes/models that lease better and offer more value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to see what’s leasing well and narrow down your search.