2021 Subaru Crosstrek

Looking at this deal on a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited in Indiana 46815. Is this a good deal? I am new and just trying to learn! I have asked Edmunds about the MF but I haven’t heard back yet.

Msrp: 30,988.00
Selling Price: $28,960
MF: 0.0020
Residual: $19,995.94 (64%)
First month down: $409
Government fees: $31.95
Proc/doc fee: $199.00
Security Etch: $349

Monthly payment: $409

Please give me advice and help me learn!

I assume this is supposed to be $38960?

1 Like

Crosstrek is a buy car, not a lease

1 Like

wow Crosstrek’s are up to $40k+ territory now!? :scream:

2 Likes

those are outback prices, msrp will be ~30k…

2 Likes

yeah even ticking every option on the Limited HYBRID trim I still can’t get it over $40k so I’m guessing/hoping there are some typos here.

Yes I typed it wrong… I will correct it!

I mean sorry it is supposed to be 30,988! Apparently I cannot multitask

You could get a highlander for that money, over $400 for a fancy Impreza, no thanks

Typo! Should be $30,988!

1 Like

Do people really x-shop crosstrek and highlander? Or is this just another of the classic LH trope of throwing out random other cars a person could lease?

I appreciate its a very different market to Indiana, but might be worth looking at the prices on this spreadsheet or have a look at what other hackrs are getting on this. It looks like they’re maybe just not leasing particularly well right now. I’d personally ditch the security etch as a start.

1 Like

What is the Security Etch? I saw it on there but I didn’t really know what it was. I looked at that spreadsheet too and it looks like those deals are for California… They don’t lease the same in the midwest right?

It’s a way for a dealer to extract money from your pocket without giving anything of value in return.

7 Likes

Exactly! Scam alert! Dealer add-ons are getting out of control!

2 Likes

I just don’t see the value in a compact car at $400+ a month, Highlander was just redesigned and offers a lot more value, or even a CRV.

2 Likes

I honestly have no idea what people x-shop with a lifted Impreza.

But the broader point remains. One cannot just pick any car and find a magic wand to make it lease well if the programs aren’t there.

There are only a handful crossovers leasing well in April 2021.

And if the sneak peak by Cody is accurate then even that will go away in May.

2 Likes

Crosstrek leases at same rate as forester. In terms of price, my dealer would quote you higher. Decent price terrible leasing car. Minus the security etch though, no idea what that is
Source:am subaru sales

Your discount beats the socal deals referred to above. As a lease deal, for reasons stated, it’s not great, but for that particular car, it’s the best I’ve seen in SoCal. Just shopped for a friend and got 10% off. No incentives. So that was the extent of the basis for cap cost.

If you have to have a Crosstrek Limited and you have to lease it, I don’t believe you’ll beat your deal. But there are other alternatives that have higher msrp and are arguably more car that have lower payments with similar drive offs. For my friend, he had to have the Crosstrek Limited and had to lease it…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.