2021 Porsche Macan Lease

How many tickets during the pandemic?

1 Like

Just 2. One was thrown out and the other I just paid the $80 fine.

2 Likes

As I acknowledged a couple posts previously the industry managed the sales rate through inventory burn down in many cases and we’ll feel the impact in the numbers June/July/August.

But yes, coming from the perspective of reading insider’s perspective here I was expecting much worse than what I read.

1 Like

So guys here’s another quote that I got via email today

Your thoughts?

$1129/month for a base Macan? Hard pass, unless you want to be seeing in a $63k Porsche.

1 Like

MSRP and the MF bumped? Did they run over your dog to bring you this?

It’s a Tiguan in couture: $40k to rent it for 3 years? :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

4 Likes

It may be a base macan and not worth this money, but give it a little more credit than being a Tiguan.

I’m offended.

5 Likes

This pricing is insane , even for Porsche and during the inventory shortage . If you’re open to loaners, call or email all the dealers within 1-2 hours radius and ask if they have any cars coming out of the loaner program the next few weeks . That’s what I did last fall when I was looking for a cayenne . I discovered that most Porsche dealers don’t advertise their loaners, but when asked they did have some available . Ended up getting a 78k cayenne for $769 per month with taxes and fees due at signing . 39 months , 10k miles . Definitely not going to be able to replicate that now , but if you have your heart set on a Porsche , you might be able to find a deal that’s less insane then $1100 per month …

1 Like

Wow just back in March these Taycans were $1200 with everything rolled in.

$91K car vs a $63K base Macan for $1100… I would ran as far away as I possibly can from this deal.

5 Likes

Come on man. You really just didn’t compare a Tiguan and Macan? I don’t know how much research you have done on the Macan or if you have even driven one but if you truly believe a Tiguan is in the same league as a Macan then I don’t know what I could say to convince you otherwise.

1 Like

It’s a different car with a completely different perceived level of inventory. Most likely, Taycans are much more now as well.

1 Like

Are we talking a base Macan with no performance options, likely what is being discussed in this thread? Can I throw a cheap tune on the VW?

3 Likes

Ouch, not even Audi SQ5 as the other VW Group counterpart? :stuck_out_tongue:

Twins, yeah?

3 Likes

You mean Q5? Like the 4-cylinder base Macan?

3 Likes

As predicted, any shortages continue to be demand side, not chips. Production is beyond “normal” and is at all time highs regardless of what your RGM tells you.

And all the “we wish we could sell the normal volume of cars vs a handful we can scrap at markup” is all sales rep BS, so you feel better than “look we’re selling at msrp because we can. Period.”

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) today announced U.S. retail deliveries in the second quarter of 2021 totaled 18,958 vehicles, up 55.5 percent from the same period in 2020. The result was an all-time quarterly record, helping PCNA achieve its best-ever first half for retail sales.

It says sales this year have already passed all of 2020. My guess would be that a lot of the deliveries this year were 2020 models that sat on lots longer because of the pandemic.

1 Like

You’re wrong. Go check the q1 production and q1 sales stats before making random guesses when there’s facts available

Revenue and profit are two different things. As the clean energy credits have no cost to Tesla they go directly to the bottom line in the blame balance sheet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.