2021 Porsche Macan Lease

It was lower, a bit under 650…yes it was for the base model with the 18 inch wheels and no etc etc lol…I guess I’m running into a few cops now. Learning curve. Bet most of you guys were where I am once…lol

Lesson #1: Take the extra 5 seconds to actually read the offers

2 Likes

Porsche is not selling the car to you, the dealer is. If the dealer does not have many cars, then they are going to try to profit off the deal as much as possible.

4 Likes

It didn’t shut down until late March and Q1 2021 is still up compared to Q1 2019. And 2020 overall was 3% off all time records even with the temp shutdown. Feel free to listen to the May call, they acknowledge the chip issue and are putting forward their 2021 production guidance in spite of it.

You can also look at new Porsche sales by quarter and see that they’re selling a record 17k units per quarter these days; that’s hard to do if production is “down”. And the impact of sales going from 15k to 17k is the real factor: “US AUTOMOTIVE BRAND SALES BY QUARTER”

Or monthly total US Monthly New Car sales; hint it’s up not down. Someone explain that if production is “down” how these “phantom” cars are being sold. Would production be up even more if there were more chips? Yes but that doesn’t mean it’s down.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210527005314/en/J.D.-Power-and-LMC-Automotive-U.S.-Automotive-Forecast-May-2021

Yeah that I agree with. That said they tend to overreact both ways so probably deals to be had in next few quarters when supply/demand is more favorable (lower demand and higher supply - “bullwhip” effect)

That’s the problem lately where people believe anecdotes and localized information in the face of hard facts… “covid-19 is a myth despite the CDC stats because I haven’t seen a close friend sick in my small town yet” Also all dealerships employee would be on the trading blackout list if they actually had access to material non-public information vs regional sales mgmt bs….

I guarantee you if it wasn’t “chips”, they’d be blaming something else right now. People want simple explanations and to blame some out-of-their-hands event…

At least with others like the 2022 Bolt EUV they’re just straight-up that they have tons but are not doing the usual discount because they think they can get more in this market. Not because of “chips”

Fashion companies are also straight up, things only hit the sales/clearance rack only if they don’t sell in season at full price. And yes they need to order a season ahead so if they guessed wrong and didn’t get enough, well they guessed wrong. They don’t point fingers at some shortage.

Interesting article on inventory. Low for sure, but the industry as a whole average is not at historic lows. It’s more focused on certain popular vehicles and segments:

1 Like

That was your take-away?

First, it’s from mid-may, based on April RDRs, so it’s a month behind. Still (bold is my emphasis):

The days’ supply plummeted to 44, the lowest days’ supply since October 2020. That compares with 59 near the end of March. Days’ supply is 75% below year-ago levels and 52% below 2019.

Inventory of new non-luxury vehicles was 1.9 million units for a 43 days’ supply, down from 58 at the same time a month earlier. The luxury days’ supply was 49, down from 60 at the same time in March.

The baseline is March 2021, which was hardly a normal month. Let’s look at 2017-2021:

The two red spots circled: we are effectively selling in April 2021 at the rate we sold cars at the peak, ever. That was at a time when we produced 18M cars a year for the US market (not 14m, and not when the rental companies are competing with us to restock their fleets, still).

The green line is the baseline for this article. Starting from a year of record-low auto production (Mar 2020-2021), inventory levels declined from a 58 day supply (jfc not nearly enough) to a 43 day supply, on average.

And yes, some vehicles don’t need accumulated inventory: BMW SUVs might all be JIT by the time this is over. Ranger Rover and Genesis and Lexus and Volvo and (most) German sedans have to be built, and shipped, and incur currency risk etc etc.

How many tickets during the pandemic?

1 Like

Just 2. One was thrown out and the other I just paid the $80 fine.

2 Likes

As I acknowledged a couple posts previously the industry managed the sales rate through inventory burn down in many cases and we’ll feel the impact in the numbers June/July/August.

But yes, coming from the perspective of reading insider’s perspective here I was expecting much worse than what I read.

1 Like

So guys here’s another quote that I got via email today

Your thoughts?

$1129/month for a base Macan? Hard pass, unless you want to be seeing in a $63k Porsche.

1 Like

MSRP and the MF bumped? Did they run over your dog to bring you this?

It’s a Tiguan in couture: $40k to rent it for 3 years? :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

4 Likes

It may be a base macan and not worth this money, but give it a little more credit than being a Tiguan.

I’m offended.

5 Likes

This pricing is insane , even for Porsche and during the inventory shortage . If you’re open to loaners, call or email all the dealers within 1-2 hours radius and ask if they have any cars coming out of the loaner program the next few weeks . That’s what I did last fall when I was looking for a cayenne . I discovered that most Porsche dealers don’t advertise their loaners, but when asked they did have some available . Ended up getting a 78k cayenne for $769 per month with taxes and fees due at signing . 39 months , 10k miles . Definitely not going to be able to replicate that now , but if you have your heart set on a Porsche , you might be able to find a deal that’s less insane then $1100 per month …

1 Like

Wow just back in March these Taycans were $1200 with everything rolled in.

$91K car vs a $63K base Macan for $1100… I would ran as far away as I possibly can from this deal.

5 Likes

Come on man. You really just didn’t compare a Tiguan and Macan? I don’t know how much research you have done on the Macan or if you have even driven one but if you truly believe a Tiguan is in the same league as a Macan then I don’t know what I could say to convince you otherwise.

1 Like

It’s a different car with a completely different perceived level of inventory. Most likely, Taycans are much more now as well.

1 Like

Are we talking a base Macan with no performance options, likely what is being discussed in this thread? Can I throw a cheap tune on the VW?

3 Likes

Ouch, not even Audi SQ5 as the other VW Group counterpart? :stuck_out_tongue:

Twins, yeah?

3 Likes