2021 Porsche Macan good lease?

Hello - I’m new to this. After some tough negotiating and using a dealer special, I was able to get a 2021 Macan Base with premium package and some upgrades for
msrp: $60,090
Total to pay at dealership: $7,800
Monthly payment: $609+tax
36 months, 10k miles
2 years maintenance

Is this a good deal? Sorry for the amateur info but again, not my territory of knowledge. Thanks for your input!

Did you sign or not yet?

What is the breakdown of $7800 money down?
Presently you are about $830/month all in,

Didn’t sign yet but gave deposit

$5k down, plus taxes and fees etc. The monthly payment is $609 plus San Diego tax

Please post all the numbers (MF, RV, selling price, incentives), including breakdown of $7,800.

I just asked the salesmen.

1 Like

Yes, ur monthly is 609 but when u divide 7800/36 and add that to ur monthly, ur effective is around 830.
You don’t want to put 5k down for a lease. If car gets totaled u will not see that money again.

Also, go to Edmunds forums and find out MF/RV there

1 Like

Got it. So I guess the question would be does that effective payment amount seem good or not? I’m waiting to get the breakdowns from the salesmen but I’m pretty sure it’ll be a MF of .002 and unsure on the residual

I can beat this with shipping, I sent a message.

2 Likes

I really don’t know if it is “good” enough or not.
Ur cost of lease is 30k over next 36 months. That’s a good chunk of money for a base macan.
Have u looked to see if financing would make better sense with resale values

1 Like

I have not. All this is so foreign to me. I’ve had some friends help but I don’t know how to figure all these things out. I know I don’t plan on owning a car for much longer than a three year window because I like to change things up, and every time I’ve purchased I’ve lost money on it, so leasing seemed to make sense

MF is 0.00200 and residual is 60%. The car is incoming to the dealership so once he said it hits inventory he’ll break down the $7800. I do know from another special I had him match the the $7800 should go as follows: $5,000.00 down payment (cap reduction) + $2890.01 tax, dmv fee, acquisition fee, 1st payment, and doc fee

Just buy it. Financed for 60 months with $6k down your payment would be a couple hundred a month more and you’d own it outright. Better yet buy a CPO with 15k miles and you’d have the same payment and a valuable(ish) asset in 4 years. Porsches don’t lease well. If you want to be paying effectively $800/mo you could lease a lot better equipped BMW or Volvo or Maserati or Alfa or Jaaaaaag. But, end of the day, it’s your car and your money!

Could you save $30-50/mo on this particular deal? Probably. But you aren’t going to find someone to lease you a Macan for $500/mo effective or anything.

According to the leasehackr calculator, my offer is better than what the calculator is coming up with. But still would love to hear opinions please

Ya I’m coming from a Jag f type that’s been nothing but problems since driving off the lot (also leased). I don’t like the thought of buying so leasing is what’s right for me and I understand there may be a premium. I just want to make sure that in that world I’m at least getting a good deal lol thanks for the info and insight man, much appreciated!

Makes sense. That’s one of the benefits of leasing - it’s someone else’s problem after turn-in. Like I said, what matters is that you can afford the payment and you enjoy the car. I’ve never been one of the Unicorn hunters on here who somehow get paid to lease a Chevy Bolt or something. If you’ve done your research and feel comfortable that the dealer is giving you a reasonable price and isn’t dramatically marking up the money factor on the lease, you’re in a pretty narrow window of what’s possible on the payment. Edmunds is a great resource to confirm what the MF and residual should be, and other Macans on this site should give you a sense for pricing. In my experience the calculator is always off by a few dollars vs what a dealer shows me.

1 Like

See what @AutoCompanion offers you, including his fee and shipping. If you do it, then don’t do $5k down.

2 Likes

The premium on leasing depends on brands, but Porsches don’t lease well in general. If you are open to other cars a SQ5 is a good alternative; otherwise, @AutoCompanion is your friend.

3 Likes