2021 or 2020 Ram Lease

That sounds like a lot, but hey, could be possible in your region.

1 Like

If youā€™re looking for very specific builds then instead of cars.com Iā€™d use ramtrucks.com directly. Under shopping tools you can pick specific models, configurations and options and you can see every truck that is up to 250 miles from the zip code you choose. Additionally you can pull window stickers and it will link you to dealer site. No needing to guess based on MSRP. When I was leasing my Jeep GC in 2018 this saved me a ton of research time because I was after a very specific build.

1 Like

Great advice. I actually did that this morning. I built the exact model I wanted on Ramā€™s website then searched the local inventory. There were a lot that were close matches but had a lot more fluff than I was looking for, which made the MSRP way too high, so I actually sent the build to my local dealer and they seem to think that the numbers Iā€™m after are achievable. I plan to go in and get the process started when i can.

I will report back details if I can come to a deal.

Donā€™t go in based on such vague assurances. Only when the final payment and DAS is agreed upon

1 Like

Absolutely. I outlined everything I was expecting and plan to stick to that. A previous dealer treated my trade in as a down payment even after they wrote a note saying I didnā€™t want to put a down payment on the truck and that I wanted to pocket the equity.

Of course they think itā€™s achievable. They will say anything to get you in the door. If they donā€™t have that specific truck on the lot then what is the point of going in? Especially if you havenā€™t agreed to specific terms. You can negotiate this all from home.

2 Likes

If they were going to do your numbers, they would have. This is a manipulation technique to get you emotionally invested in going in to get a new vehicle so when you get there and the numbers are higher than you asked, you go with it.

Youā€™ll get there and the salesman will tell you all about how he went to bat for you and got the manager almost there, but donā€™t worry, the deal is still amazing and better than he could even get for himself.

4 Likes

:joy::joy:aw man this is so true. Stay home get the deal and walk in to sign and drive away.

3 Likes

Haha no worries guys. I completely understand thatā€™s part of their tactic. I went in for them to look at my truck for trade value.

Thanks to this forum and the hundreds of posts Iā€™ve read through the various questions and deals achieved, Edmunds, trucar, autobytel, and whatever other sources have been extremely helpful. Iā€™ve also gone through probably 15 different scenarios on the calculator to see how various different scenarios affect the pricing. I went ahead and put together a whole word doc/spreadsheet of what I think would be fair, current incentives, current deals and all of the numbers do I can be ready if they try to negotiate. I sent them my ideal figures that I donā€™t think is lowballing then and told them what Iā€™m willing to do. If they can make it happen great, if not, Iā€™m not upset.

It also helps that I donā€™t need a new vehicle right now and will only pull the trigger if the deal is exactly right. I have no problem waiting until the right deal comes along.

yea i am in the same boat as you right now, seems that all the trucks are in high demand and over priced. atm.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.