2021 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD - Washington (98007) (Need help with Numbers)

New to Leasing & USA so can someone help me out with current offer, MF, Residual? I contacted a dealer and was offered this but from the comparison with other posts this doesn’t look good.

Here is the Lease quote 36 Months/10,000 Miles

MSRP: $29,685.00
ACQ Fee 650.00
Doc Fee 150.00
License 558.25
Taxes 1,538.64
Rate .00105
Residual .61

Monthly $453.67

Adjusted Residual $18,107.85

Hey, first off you’ll definitely want to read through Leasing 101 (there’s a link at the top of the page) if you haven’t yet. Then you’ll want to scan through the Marketplace section of the forum to find comparable data points (sounds like you’ve done that).

But yeah, this looks no bueno at first glance. You’ll have to correct me, but I’m making an assumption here that all the fees you’re listing are rolled into the monthly payments and not due up-front. If you have anything due at signing other than the first monthly payment then it’s especially not great.

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!! While you’re at it, be sure to watch the LH video (How to Use Leasehackr - YouTube) to brush up on how to must efficiently use the resources here.
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

I got one for $385 month including tax , $385 down - back in June.
CX5 AWD - MSRP $30k.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.