Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00001
Residual: 61%
Incentives: 750 for Loyalty
Region: So-Cal
Leasehackr Score: 8.8 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

So recently I sold my Civic for $5,500 in profit, see here. I knew that the market was going to be tough but, I was in fact not needing to get another car for a while and wanted something a little bit nicer than a civic. But, I wanted to get a search going. So I did and immediately I was hit with all sorts of either no responses or we don’t have inventory, and so on and so forth. But, I just kept going to see if could at lease come up with a deal that I was happy with.

Originally I was planning to lease a loaner Mercedes or BMW or any of those sorts however, the numbers were not matching up to what I would have paid, especially for a car that I thought was just an okay car. Little bit about me, I am not that into brands, I wanted something a little nicer interior wise. And I test drove a 3 and loved it and it was what I wanted.

Then, I went on a hunt, and I emailed all of the Mazda dealers within a 300 mile radius of me and that was what helped me get this deal, which is insane considering this is an okay deal at best as compared to other Mazda deals posted by brokers.

I know this car is not the fastest or the coolest by any means but, it gets me from point A to point B in a little bit of luxury and a great Bose sound system and that is all I wanted. I was actually wanting a 3 hatchback but, it just did not work out.

Anyways, is it the best hack ever? No. But for a Mazda, I think I did pretty okay given the circumstances and especially seeing some of the other Mazda deals since it is a brand that generally does not lease well.

Let me know how I did,

6 Likes

Looks pretty good to me. It’s hard to lease any Mazda well, and from shopping CX-5s right now I’m seeing multiple dealers not going below MSRP at all. Enjoy it!

3 Likes

I had a dealer stuck at invoice which I believe was 4.5% off, I am a little shocked that I was able to go below it!

That’s a strong deal given demand for the CX-30 and general climate.

How’s inventory in your area? The mid-Atlantic is really thin on CX-30s. Many of the dealers around here only have about a dozen or so (almost as bad as as the Mazda 3 levels). Anyways, nice job—enjoy the new ride!

There’s only around 250-300 around me but that is with about 15-20 dealers within 100 miles of me. I have not seen many on the road but, it could be as a result of the shortage. At the time when I picked the car up, this dealer was under renovations and they only had 4 CX-30’s at this one dealership only.

The only vehicles the most of these dealerships had were CX-5’s, most other vehicles were single digits or low double digits for each vehicle on every lot. Considering the strong market in So-Cal and the amount of dealers, the number is very low, in my opinion.

1 Like

Congrats, post some pics.

Would you mind sharing the dealership? How were you able to get the loyalty?

2 Likes

Got my CX-30 Premium AWD a year ago and am paying about the same monthly with about the same amount DAS. It’s a fun little car you won’t be disappointed. Congrats

1 Like

Way to take advantage of your earnings on the civic and upgrade to a nicer vehicle!

2 Likes

May i ask you what are the numbers you got on the cx 5 so far?

So far? Sticker. Nobody is budging

I got 8% off on MSRP on the CX5. 5% is easily doable - need to cast a wide net.

Which dealer was this in Socal? Care to share the detail @sabal

Great job all the way around. 45 days later and this deal probably looking even better given the ongoing CX-30 shortages

Happy to read this rather than people posting for feedback on $400 civic and $600 Acadia from the famous one page dealer lease and payment fishing sheets