2021 M340i Xdrive

Yes this is not a deal to feel any shame about.

If you like you payment, and love your car, enjoy the awesome ride. Quick motor that’s fun yet not overly obnoxious.

1 Like

M340i is a car that appeals to almost everyone, from a teenager to a 65 year old. The only mild complaints are exhaust and burbles being overblown, and that was changed in the ‘21 no?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what they changed—but if you keep the car in comfort the exhaust is not overly obnoxious, it’s just the right level.

It looks like this was about 9% off. I could have saved you about $25-$30 a month in MD, but it’s not a horrible deal, especially given the MD tax.

I rode in one at UDE, the m340i, X3M, and M850i GC were just mind blowing.

1 Like

According to most of the 2021 m340i owners, the exhaust has been quieted down (no pops/barely any burbles) compared to the 2020 model which is kind of messed up if that was a big part of your decision to get that car… :man_shrugging:

you can still do the the exhaust mod flap. It only takes 5 minutes.

Who is complaining about that? I love it and if you are in comfort they are gone completely

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

Hello,

I appreciate everyone’s feedback and support. I just thought I would post on here what I paid for a lease to possibly help others out, or at least find a starting point. I have bought and sold over 40 cars in my lifetime. I never lease. I did this time because I liked the vehicle, and I figured 28k for a 3 year rental was fine for me. I have 5 cars 19 Raptor, 66 Shelby GT350, 19 Hellcat to name a few, so this lease will not change my lifestyle.
Thanks again for all the feedback, best of luck to you all!

3 Likes

Congrats enjoy the car

I think the consensus is that you could do better for the money, $780/mo is m550 money to me but that’s purely perspective, I think circa $650 would have been solid enough to where people wouldn’t try to “roast” you.

Not to knock the m340 by any means.

What I’m trying to say is you could have saved by going the route of 2020 vs 2021.

Also states that charge tax on sales price for a lease are rough. Ask me how I know

1 Like

Maybe, the tax up front was $3200. That is in the price. I looked for a 2020, but wanted the specific color and options that i have with this vehicle. I talked to a broker from this site and he basically said the the deal was solid.
Its ok I can afford the the payment. If someone else gets a better deal due to this thread, thats great it served its purpose.

Thanks again everyone!

1 Like

If we are just looking at the monthly payment, then you are probably right (given past M340 deals posted here). However, most deals we see are for 10k miles, include MSDs, and loyalty. OP did not mention what incentives they qualified for and what pre-incentive discount they received.

They might have saved going with a 2020 MY, but if they are happy with the car, then that’s all that matters.

I agree. I got some pushback on my deal too. $68k 2020 M340i for $749/month. That included 7% tax, true sign and drive, 15k per year, and they paid $1000 shipping. I also got the $500 BMWCCA post-sale rebate, and had no loyalty, just conquest. It was a good deal for me at the time looking at all the factors.

This site has a hard-on for “roasting” deals, Don’t take it personally.

Despite the ethos of this site, essentially it boils down to payment, and that’s all people see.

I agree, I think for a '21, very little incentives, tax on sales price and covid @touringchef did ok but hey its a public forum lol, always gonna get those snarky comments.

1 Like

Keep them coming. Nothing wrong with having a healthy discussion. We are in agreement for the most part.

@Lazarus - You could get a 72k 2021 540i xdrive for about the same payment and drive offs as OP. One of the brokers is advertising a 10% pre-incentive discount. If I were in the market for a new lease and that was my budget, the 540i would have probably been my choice.

@touringchef - Enjoy the car. It is fun to drive. I drove one at a BMW motocross event this past August.

I would go m340 if I was looking for a sporty coupesque 4 door, 540 if I was looking for more space.

I worked my way up the 5 series chain, 530 to 540 within a few months, my thoughts were that the 530 is underpowered, the 540 is underrated. M550 is the best for everyday use, and if you can handle it the m5 is the absolute best imo.

Bang for buck goes to m550, if I were in the market to pay $780 which I kind of sort of am I would go '20 m550 over '21 540, but that’s personal preference.

Unfortunately I was spoiled by the hellcat but still needed a winter vehicle so the 530 was no go after a few months, 540 was better but still underpowered, eventually I just went and picked up a truck so I could stomach it being slower.

Now with the hellcat gone and the truck due January 1st I’m actively searching, I have kept an eye on the m340 which looks and drives great but maybe not as big interior room wise, m550 is on the radar, m5 is also up there. Charger redeye widebody would be a top pick but there are no leases on them yet, kind of flying around the market here at the moment.

Would love to hear a 1 month review or some sort of feedback from @touringchef since he also owns a hellcat.