2021 Lexus UX 250h lease advice

Turning to the hackers for some lease advice.

I have my eyes on a 2021 Lexus UX 250h with an MSRP of 32,750.

Looking for a 36 month lease and 7500 miles per year.

Any advice on what price i should be targeting? I have excellent credit and my zip is 91362.

I’ve reached out to a few dealers and i’m getting some rather high quotes for a $37k car. Dealers are telling me about a chip shortage and lower than usual inventory which is effecting price. I’m willing to put out cash, but I don’t want to spend more than a $450 a month effective price.

Help!!!

1 Like

Check marketplace and hire a broker

Yep same old story. Chip shortage and lower than usual inventory means we will sell you a 32k car at MSRP for over $500 a month.

Like I mentioned on the last forum I’m done believing the B.S. no way no how with this shortage and demand being where it is can dealerships still have inventory on their lots.

Remember there are dumb consumers paying msrp and leasing out a Base UX for $500+ a month.

Why would you want to spend $450 on a base UX anyway?

I don’t want to spend that much, but I need a car and I like the UX. Years ago I had a Lexus CT and I was really happy with it. My previous lease ended and I need to get around so I’m just trying to get the car I want at a reasonable price

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like

Agree with what’s been said so far, just reach out to a broker . T he prices and market have clearly changed since some of the posts but I’d personally not be wanting to pay any more than $350-$375 a month with just drive-offs given the base spec and MSRP of the model you want.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/june-lexus-california-ez-auto-group-2021/314575/15

What lease did you just get out of?

And if so you know you could have extended the lease.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.