2021 LEXUS ES 350F Sport "Black Line" MSRP $50,725.00

OP didn’t even get that info correct. That’s the sales price plus capped acq fee. The MSRP is actually $50725.

2 Likes

Care to share pics of the interior?

As for your deal, I won’t pile on. Enjoy your new ride.

@Roger_Ambar please don’t take our critiques personally. The intent really is to get you to step back and not rush in next time, not to attack you here.

3 Likes

Thanks, I posted here to help and see exactly the leasehackr calculator score.
I don’t mind about negative comments, I do think it’s a good deal for the car as they hold their value a lot…

• I hope someone can put together the numbers so I can confirm the BAD DEAL lol

Not at all , it’s all good … I’m learning

IMO: The reason I think it’s not a “bad deal”, it’s because I was leasing the same car, without Nav, not a special edition, lower MSRP and paying the same $500. So probably a worse deal, but even with that crap deal after 2 years with it I wasn’t under water anymore.

You can put them in yourself to learn my friend. The score doesn’t matter honestly. All it is, is MSRP divided by payment. It’s totally meaningless.

Yes used car values are insane right now, so it’s definitely not a bad idea to take advantage, but having equity is the same as having cash in your hand.

My S2K is worth about $20k trade in…should I walk into the Honda dealer tomorrow and have them pay me to lease any car on the lot?

My Accord has about $10k positive equity in it…same question, but my selection is much more limited :laughing:

Having $1,916.54 of trade equity and rolling it into a new lease is no different than putting $1,916.54 of your own money down. It’s your money. And who knows if a Lexus (or other) dealer across town would have given you more for it, let alone all of the easy online options.

Just enjoy the new ride and learn for next time :slight_smile: Thank you for posting the contract to analyze!

1 Like

Most LeaseHackrs would not have walked into a dealership and walked out with a new car, without having done their homework (i.e. knowing what incentives were available, what pre-incentive discount was achievable and all the other details).

Since it sounds like your goal was to remain at the same monthly payment, it might look like a good deal to you. To the rest of us, you probably left some money on the table. How much? No clue, but since your deal is already signed there is no point for me to even comment further on your deal.

You are right that Lexuses do hold their value.

2 Likes

What if a “good deal” is $400/mo? Unfortunately, your measuring stick that you’re using here is a past deal that’s of no relevance.

2 Likes

13 Likes

That’s TRUE !!

Sorry, I was using the contract numbers … I did fix already :facepunch:

1 Like

Enjoy the car. you seem happy, that’s what matters most. having peace of mind.

1 Like

The BlackLine Edition package is pretty sweet. I like the two-tone seats. Good luck with it and enjoy. I’ll be shopping soon this trim might be the way to go if I go with an ES.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I wouldn’t be able to keep those seats clean.

1 Like

The calculator score doesn’t matter

Why not ? It’s not going to show me if its a good deal or not ?
I always get from Edmunds forum the MF/RV/Incentives for my zip code to see if its a good deal or not .,.,

How do you know if its good or not ?

Grats! Which incentives/rebates did you qualify for? I just picked up a IS350 in FL and only managed to get 3k

Jealous of the Black Line package wish that was an option on the IS well worth it

1 Like

Thanks , and congrats 2 u also , I loved the new IS … they will launch the 5.0 v8 by Fall …

I’m checking with Edmunds whats available in Incentives, but as far as my numbers attached I got $4.750.00 (rebates and noncash credits)

1 Like

Gosh, not even tell me …

Challenge accepted LOL

Nope. The calculator score that’s a good deal is car dependent and person dependent. There isn’t a right answer.

RV/mf/incentives from edmunds doesn’t tell you if something is a good deal, it just gives you the current lease program inputs to plug into the equation. Ultimately, it comes down to researching comparable deals and determining the best pre-incentive discount(when normalized for mark ups) that you can reasonably target for a vehicle.

1 Like