2021 Kona EV SEL 36/10k 139/mo 3343 DAS

Got the last one (or only one, not sure) from a dealer in MA. Did the deal over the phone as they advertised 129/mo 2999 down on their website. I got them at a little above that with taxes and all fees included. They got me for the wear and tear protection (not even sure which one i got) for another $9 a month so my actual payments are 148/mo. Hopefully they’ll deliver the car to me in Boston in a few days.
There might be a few dollars left on the table as they were pretty quick to meet me at 139/mo but they only have limited and ultimate like many other dealers.
I didn’t have to show anything for discounts. They initially said the offer included recent college grad and first responder but then came back with the above offer with no strings attached.
$8200 for the total cost of the lease and 20k residual so essentially bought a 40k car for $28k so not bad.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim:
MSRP: $37,390.00
Selling Price: 37970
Monthly Payment: $ 140
Drive-Off Amount: $ 3334
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10000
MF: 0.0017
Residual: 20298
Incentives: 13573
Region: MA
Leasehackr Score: 14.3
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

1 Like

You got the selling price and the rebates on the wrong line. It’s sold for roughly 600 over MSRP then you put the 13k on the lower lines as untaxed / taxed incentives.

So the selling price should be the msrp in this case?

If you’re including $13573 incentives in the selling price, your actual selling price is $37969

If any SoCal brokers can find this deal i would be interested.

1 Like

OK just removed the incentives since it’s obvious how much the incentives are. Just don’t know what they added.

Why would you remove the incentives?

It’s more useful to you and to others to have the info here accurately reflect the deal and no one else is going to know how much in incentives you qualified for if you remove them and just roll them in to the selling price.

OK I put it back in.
Unfortunately I have no clue what incentives there were.
The one thing I will add is that this offer was on their specials page where they list lease deals.

What did edmunds give you for incentives when you verified rv/mf/incentives?

So it looks like this now.

I didn’t even look there. I shopped around the dealer websites and found this one so very little negotiating to get this deal. Lease cash was higher than reported by others on edmunds, mostly 10k or 12.5k for 39/10.

It is surprising how Hyundai stepped up their rebate game on the Kona EV. When we looked at one almost two years ago it was leasing at $500+/month, but I suppose they couldn’t get away with that in this market with more electric SUV competition.

No that’s how it works first 2 MY won’t have much Rebates.

Keep an eye on the Ioniq 5 or the Kia EV6 and see how long before the rebates get in.

1 Like

Right, there’s definitely an early adopter tax.

It makes me a little weary about leasing an ID.4 now since I’ll have some level of buyer’s remorse if they start offering better deals within the next year or so.

Did you end up taking delivery of this vehicle? Are you already taking into account the $2500 MOR-EV rebate from the state?

I saw 2500 DAS plus 265/mo for 36 months including all taxes and fees on https://drivegreen.greenenergyconsumers.org/. Your deal blows this out of the water, even with the 2500 rebate already deducted from your DAS. If not, then you’re essentially down to 843 DAS or $162/mo effective - I’d say that’s a unicorn!

Yes signed paid and delivered. I was a little surprised they gave me my number with taxes and fees included. Again, they had a very similar offer on their website so I didn’t have to work much to get this deal.
Even a car guy I know said he couldn’t find how they got to 13k. Everything he saw was 10k or 12k with 39 months like on edmunds.

This was without the MA state rebate so I’m applying for it now. I’m suspecting that they might have taken the 2500 somehow but I don’t believe so. I’m applying for it now.

Could you post a copy of your contract with your personal info removed?

Here are the financial stuff of the lease.

Can you share the part that shows the break down of the due at sale amount? I’m curious to see how the rebates are applied.

From that sheet, your sales price was $36795, not $37970

maybe you can explain it to me about whats going on here. I’m guessing they took part of my DAS and put that into cap reduction.