2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD New to the forum, am I getting a good deal?!

Hey guys, I’m shopping for a new lease deal. I currently have an offer on a 2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD wolf grey/black interior with an MSRP of $30,820. The dealer is offering $375/mo with $500 due at signing (1st month +DMV). I ran some numbers through the calculator and it looks like I could probably get a better deal but not sure what discount to put on the MSRP or the incentives. My girlfriend works in the dealership and the sales manager claims he’s giving me a “family and friends discount”. I plan on going back tomorrow for negotiations so please take a look at my calculator and let me know what you think. I’m in NY zip is 11010. Thank you!!

I have never seen a family and friends discount be an actually good deal.

10 Likes

It’s grey…like a wolf.

1 Like

Kia leases tend to suck. With some work you’re not far off from luxury car prices. I couldn’t imagine spending that much on a Kia K5, and ill be first to admit I think Kias are awesome.

1 Like

Shockingly, this is a friends and family discount - because it’s wolf grey. Pick any other color and take several thousand off the total lease cost. Don’t know what the fascination is with the color. Some dealers are selling them over sticker.

3 Likes

? You say $375 with $500 DAS, but that is not what your calculator shows. What is YOUR current deal on the table? What other K5 deals have you found to compare to?

It may be a decent deal for that specific model, but I would look elsewhere. The lease is not attractive enough for me. That is a steep payment for little money of car IMO.

Not fer nuthin, but Rodo is showing me I could get a Sonata SEL Plus (similar MSRP and same car under the skin as the K5) for $311 with $311 DAS.

I actually work with a Kia dealer. I don’t have a spreadsheet posted for March, but I’d be happy to see what I could do for you… shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

Hey please let me know what kind of pricing you could get on a 21 Kia K5 GT-Line. Thank you!

She’s not getting the Family and Friends Discount from Kia, she’s getting the dealership employee discount.
So it might be good.

Call it whatever you want, the sales manager hook up discount usually falls somewhere between mediocre and you should reconsider who you call friends.

1 Like

Lol, I know what the Kia F&F discount is which is invoice - $500. I’ve gotten better deals out of Marketplace.

On the other hand ‘knowing’ the manager has yielded some good results…of course the manager is usually gone after a year.

Didn’t realize Kia had a plan actually called “friends and family.” I’m referring to the “friends with the salesmanager” discount. We get people that come in here all the time, talking about how their uncle hooked them up and gave them an amazing deal at on $1000 over invoice because any more would literally be taking food out of their mouths.

Just saw one of those grey K5’s pass me the other day… looked pretty cool and it had green DRL’s. Some younger kid was driving it…

Then I said to myself, “it’s a Kia…” and came to my senses.

2 Likes

It’s not the badge that matters but the product underneath…

1 Like

Ask anyone who has a supercar and see if it is ‘reliable’. Badge matters for appearances. which is what Tuna was saying I think.

911 GT cars are pretty reliable and I hear so are Mclarens.

I will admit, I’ve had about an identical experience. They are nice looking cars and I’m not saying whether they are bad or not, but I don’t think that I would ever own a KIA. The Stinger GT’s had me close (especially with the yellow) but I still don’t know if I could ever pull the trigger LOL.

But

Can’t use a single model for that, and I’ve heard different for a McLaren

Now I would love to have both, just because of the badge (not that I could afford a million dollar McLaren)