2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited Deal Check + End of Lease Options

, , ,

Hi everyone! I’m a little on the newer side here but have been doing a lot of research and reading a lot of posts about negotiating for a new lease. I need some help though understanding end of lease options and if I’m working with some good deals…

I currently have a leased Jeep Cherokee Limited, my last payment is in December and I’m under my miles. I’ve been going back and forth with a few dealers for a 2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited the last few days negotiating a new price as if I were doing a $0 DAS and I think I’ve actually struck what I think could be some good deals.

• 10% discount off MSRP (I tried to get them to move some more on this because I had a better discount from another dealer but with worse terms and a higher payment, they wouldn’t budge)

• .00004 MF (checked w/ Edmunds)

• 59% residual value (checked w/ Edmunds)

• 10k miles/36 months

• $335/mo

• Other than this one I’m waiting for a number back from another dealer with the same RV/MF/terms that said they could beat the other one.

The problem I’m having now is that the company my lease is through (Ally) gave me a buyout of ~$18,200 (slightly higher than if I waited until I made my last payment in December) but they told one of the dealers my car is worth $20,000 and for a dealer to inventory buyout it would cost them $22,500. The dealer told me they could give me a check for my remaining payments but that would of course increase my monthly payments and my goal was to negotiate down the $0 DAS without any trade value and then add the trade value after that, which I guess I wouldn’t have any in this situation!

• Can someone explain to me where this difference for the payout amounts comes from?
  • Should I just wait until December?
  • If I were given a check for my payments, do I have to keep my car and turn it in with the dealer I got it from and have to pay more fees at at time? (the dealer actually was bought by another dealer so not sure if that makes a difference)
  • Overall, what are some recommendations in this situation?

Sorry for so much information in this one post, I hope this is okay. Thank you guys for all of the help over the last week even though this is my first actual post, I wish I knew of this website before I signed my previous lease!

Yes.

2 Likes

Ally’s buyout price is different for 3rd parties. See the thread at the link below.

1 Like

I’ll be honest this deal sounds WAYY too good to be true.

If your actually getting an offer of $335 on a 21 with not a penny due at signing, run and take it as fast as you possibly can !

Even with taxes and fees out of pocket this would be an attractive payment…make sure that all taxes and fees are actually being ROLLED into the monthly payment and your not saying “ZERO DOWN”

1 Like