2021 Hyundai Kona EV Limited offer: $0 DAS, $341/month 36/12k. Good? Your opinion please

The key question/word is “pre-incentives”

1 Like

Here it is…

It looks like part of the pre-incentives is a reduction of $3595 from MSRP.

Well, well, well…!? Comments please.

2 Likes

WOW !
Very good - I’d sign!

Give them your credit card to put down a deposit and lock it in. Take that and run.

4 Likes

Ask them if they have more at that price. They will sell it at no time LOL

1 Like

Put down deposit now and sign asap

1 Like

You said the deal is far away so just keep that in mind when you’re planning your trip home when it comes to range, charging, etc. Make sure they have the car charged up for you at delivery too.

1 Like

Word, EE. I’ll need every one of those charged miles. Just spoke with dealer, and he’s putting the ‘sold’ into the car. We will discuss details and paperwork tomorrow morning. There may be other vehicles available… I’ll keep the community apprised when I learn more!

2 Likes

That is incredible 4k under msrp and incentives. Go get some pics and make sure the car isn’t dented or has a bad carfax or something and RUN FOR IT NOW!

3 Likes

Amazing supports from this community. Greatly appreciated. I should know more tomorrow in terms of finalizing and will report back.
Thank you all for the extremely helpful ideas and feedback!

(As I’m settling down with all the excitement, I wonder if I should try to extend to a 4 year lease…? I’ll explore that option with him tomorrow.)

2 Likes

Going beyond 36 months unless you HAVE to is usually not recommended for a lot of reasons. I’m not sure what the warranty is on these offhand but that could be a potential issue. Also, why lock yourself in for 4 years unless you’re absolutely certain that this is the car you want? It’s possible that given the already low RV at 36 months that 48 might not be a great value proposition either.

1 Like

There’s no need to involve the dealer. Get the rv/mf for 48 months and plug it into the calculator yourself.

1 Like

Sometimes trying to changed length/mileage at the last minute can screw up the number in the rush and can lose focus on the original deal allowing dealership to slip in few extra $ into their pocket.
Keep it simple.

2 Likes

OK, guys! Good thoughts, all. I’ll move carefully, but don’t want anything to jeopardize the 36 months deal. Update to come after I speak with dealer this morning.

I am traveling to sign the papers tomorrow and pick up the new car!
Everything looking good, and the salesman has been so incredibly gracious and relatable. (I’m on my way to the liquor store to get a bottle of his favorite Irish whiskey. EE… your next! I don’t know how to directly message you as I’m new to this forum… maybe you can DM me and we can have that discussion.) Such a difference from my experiences in the past which were more greasy and than clean.

I won’t believe it until I’m in the car driving home… I’ll post an update once I’m able.

4 Likes

Post pics and full numbers when you get it!

3 Likes

Update from today, when I intended to sign and pick up car. In a word, I didn’t even get to the dealership. I made the mistake of driving at speed with the monitor/Waze on… and it drained an extra 80 miles from the charge than what I had calculated for, making me way short of the dealership. I already knew there were no DC charging options, but I thought I had still would be able to have enough time to charge and go. I didn’t.
(Notable development: the initial dealership that balked at my pitch for $320/month and $0 DAS texted me this morning knowing I was going to get this other car. Their financial officer wrote, “$239 $0 DAS”. Because I didn’t make it to the intended dealership, I told him to email me all the numbers. Perhaps we should not be surprised that I haven’t received any email yet.)
The plan: go to a dealership first thing Monday morning, and get this signed.
If the papers w/ numbers come through I will post them here.
Greatly appreciate the supports… and look forward to sharing some photos (and some names of dealerships!) once this is all completed.

Did You finalize the deal?

I did! Got back at 1:30AM and will have more to say… but the numbers in the RAW:
36/12k, $0 DAS (except first month’s payment of $259), and 35 months thereafter @ $259. Done!
Huge shout out to all the contributors who helped me sharpen my ideas (and tongue), and especial mention goes to EE for holding my hand as I was learning to walk the leasehackr gauntlet (what’cha drinking these days, EE?)!
9 days ago, I didn’t even know a lease was negotiable. Lucky timing was also involved, I believe, and perhaps the biggest player in how this all unfolded.
I will post a longer ‘post-mortem’ here about what I learned, and also post a ‘Signed’ update on that forum later today.

Here are pics:

9 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy the new :oncoming_automobile:

1 Like