2021 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L 36/12 for $399 DAS $399 monthly. Is this a good deal?

Whole Foods via Amazon Prime has saved me a ton of money during COVID. They offer free delivery/free pickup, and with the 5% Amazon credit card discount, it is much less expensive than using Instacart to shop at lower priced stores.

2 Likes

I just…cant. The Whole Foods near me is just so
much more expensive than Trader Joes, Sprouts, etc that I just cant go there :blush:. They do have quality stuff though, no doubt.

I mean there are Toyota dealers here can sell Rav4s below MSRP not sure what market CRV is adjusting to. Don’t honor this type of practices, we are all voting with our wallets.

1 Like

Picked the worst time in leasing history to dip your toe

1 Like

Why is now the worst time?

2 Likes

In plain language it’s an additional amount on top of MSRP that the dealer wants you to pay based on demand for the vehicle you want.

If you buy an event ticket on StubHub, you may pay $400 for a ticket with a $250 face value, as an imperfect analogy.

In normal times, most models do not even command MSRP, but these are not normal times.

1 Like

So what do you think is the worst case in the current climate (for a gas 2021 CR-V)? Zero percent discount off of MSRP? Or is it still reasonable to expect a 5-8% discount? I’ve found deals with >9% discounts off MSRP in the forum, but I’m not sure if they still apply currently.

Bay Area dealers are basically all charging markups on CRV Hybrids now. Similar situation with RAV4 Hybrids in my recent experience.

I think you could probably get a discount on a gas CRV, and a Hybrid CRV would be “a July 2021 deal” at MSRP and buy rate.

If you are leasing, I doubt you will break even (forget come out ahead) on a Hybrid vs gas.

Same thing in Southern California. One of the biggest dealers here, which in the past used to have close to 1,000 new vehicles listed on their website, has 74 listed today. Only 13 are CR-V’s, none of which are hybrids.

I’m looking in FL for the exact deal, and have gotten about $1k off MSRP at best, or MSRP at worst. But remember that we do have about $1k in dealer and doc fees, so it’s a wash. But not $5k marked up…

Just get regular crv gas savings won’t cover the price difference.

There are other reasons besides cost savings one might prefer a hybrid

Smug factor doesn’t count

An additional overcharge

Hi,

First time leasing a car. Would like to get your thoughts on the following lease:

I was also not able to reproduce the payment exactly using the calculator, so appreciate your help:

You’re off by 73 cents a month…

1 Like

At first glance it looks like a pretty good deal. I’m signing a similar deal on a car with a msrp 2k less than this one.

1 Like

What are your thoughts about the separated doc and registration fees? Shouldn’t registration fees be included in doc fees or am I missing something here (I’m in MI so doc fees are capped at $230)?