2021 ct4 sport MSRP $50,000? $627 a month 🤦🏻‍♂️

I just recently got a quote for a 2021 ct4 over the phone from a dealership on long island NY. I was told MSRP $50,000 CT4 SPORT $3800 taxes and fees $627 a month this sounds insane to me especially that the car is still on the lot and we are half way through 2021

Need a bit more information to determine whether it is a good deal or not. Also, in case you are unaware, this is historically one of the worst markets we have experienced for the leasing and/or purchasing of vehicles. There are many manufacturers with long lead time, there are part/material shortages, and dealers are struggling to maintain inventory levels of new and used. The fact that we are halfway through a model year isn’t as influential as it was previously.

So I should wait till next year when the shortage is hopefully over, and she didn’t give me any more info she just gave me the price over the phone

I’m saying the deck is stacked against you and legwork is required more than ever. There are still deals to be had but you must find the right vehicle, with the right dealer, at the right time. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That certainly is not a lease that I would be interested in. An effective ~$700/mo to drive a (not-so-special) $50K Caddy. Don’t get me wrong, they are decent looking cars, though.

That’s exactly what I told the lady it’s nice but that’s a European car price , does anyone have an idea when this shortage will be over?

I don’t believe that anyone can say for certain, but my best guess (at this time anyway) is that the market will remain relatively steady throughout the remainder of the year. I’m hoping next spring/early summer will bring a bit of “normal” back, though I also believe that we may never see things as they were before.

I see :man_shrugging:t2:

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

Ok sounds good I’ll take a look there. Thank you I appreciate the help

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.