2021 CIVC EX-L $299 - am I getting a good deal?

I’m a newbie and used advice on forums to get me down to this deal. This is in VA

Monthly $299

MSRP: $26,555
Sale price:$23,582

Residual 36/12K miles at 60%
Money factor .00079

Down payment $1,208(taxes) + 1st pmt.

Fees:
$500 processing fee
$955 freight
$595 acquisition fee
$1,063.72 4.15 VA Sales tax
$145 tags

I qualify for a $500 rebate that is not included in the monthly payment and I haven’t notified the dealer yet.

Yes, absolutely. There aren’t a lot of Civics and Accords manufactured right now.

1 Like

Is the freight charge on top of the destination charge included in the MSRP? Is the dealer shipping the car to get it? I’ve never paid a “freight” fee but I’m sure there are situations that warrant it.

When you add these back to the misleading sales price, you’ll see you’re getting almost no discount at all.

Have you searched Civic deals on the forum?

1 Like

Msrp includes destination. Some dealers will back it out and then charge is to make the discount look better than it actually is. Looks like what is going on here.

Virginia is notorious for this, they pretty much all do it in that market.

Hilariously terrible. Look at civic deals in marketplace for reference.

1 Like

I totally missed that! Thanks.

I’ve checked but all the deals tend to be for 2020 cars.

Ahh good ole VA. Terrible deal after their fees.

I would double check that MSRP build sheet. Most mfgs include destination aka freight in the MSRP.

I know buying out of state is not the most ideal situations, but I’d look around for either a broker, or a dealer where the fees are more regulated, so the discount is an actual discount, and not just a number that gets negated once the fees come into account.

That’s exactly what they did. After further review the true MSRP is $25,400. Any recommendations on what I can ask for to make this deal better?

Any recommendations on what I can ask for to make this a good deal?

Don’t ask, tell them what you’ll pay based upon the research you’ve done. If they say no, move on.

4 Likes

You need to broaden your search to include what’s leasing well in February 2021. There are a lot of competing cars in this segment and sometimes the payment differences are significant. Don’t assume they’ll lease the same even if their MSRPs are very close to each other.

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been.

So look at other makes/models that lease better and offer more value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to see what’s leasing well and narrow down your search.

Not a terrible deal - especially if they knock out some of those fees a bit. Just be aware - there is a new 11th gen 2022 Civic that is coming out in a couple of months. It is likely to be more expensive - Honda raises prices on new year models (even if they are not refreshed)

2020 is exactly what you should be looking at. There’s no change.

Terrible deal. I bought brand new EX-L 0.9% APR 60 months and pay roughly 330 a mo. Buy it.

@d_sharp2003 @max_g @chrishs2000 Thank you guys I appreciate all the advice!

That looks a decent deal, though beware that 11th gen 2022 civic is also coming and honda generally increases price with every new model. and if you want the latest model, wait for a couple of months. Else go for the 2020 Civic, mostly the same as 2021, it will save you a lot.

1 Like

No NOT a good deal., Wait for the new civic if you can. Why over pay for an almost last generation civic when you can grab the new one soon. Plus 300 a month can get you into an accord sport and with a a few sheckles more a honda accord sport special addition. Don’t get ripped off by paying 300 a month for a last generation civic.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.