2021 Chevy Suburban - Is this a good deal?

We just bought a minivan Friday. So I’m right there with you.

I couldnt even justify going through with my model 3 order.

2 Likes

Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, Escalades… have always been high demand vehicles, even before the pandemic. They typically do not lease well but also usually outperform the RV, so you wind up with positive equity in the vehicle pretty fast. Honestly you are lucky to find one that isn’t market adjusted above MSRP or with a padded MF.

The reason there are so few GM brokers is there isn’t much extra savings for a broker to extract. The formula here is Supplier Discount + Qualified Rebates – most can achieve this on their own. Also you look at the TCO and not just the upfront costs.

IMO, your deal is already above average for the current market… but even so, looking at the numbers, it would make more sense to finance, if this the vehicle you must have.

3 Likes

Chiming in here. Just bought a 21 suburban last month, and the car is great. If you’re looking for size - this definitely has it. Much nicer then the older models. Only thing I would recommend is trying to get the 360 cam package. Trying to park and move this thing around is tough. I was able to get it at msrp with the additional Costco discount. I decided to purchase as gm is doing 2.49%. I did this while also getting an Infiniti dealer to pay the last 4 payments on my lease. Considering everything this was the way to go.

As you already noted, no brokers here have anything to offer. Most people here also love minivans. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No love for vans here, but $1K/month on a $66k suburban (of all things, forgive me for not residing with the sheep) is absurd. There’s no other way to slice it. :joy:

This is why you don’t lease this car. It’s much better to purchase, as others have noted it holds its value. The used market for these is crazy.

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Just piling on the minivan train. Purchased a '21 Sienna Platinum back in July (unfortunately for full MSRP, but we basically had to steal one off the delivery truck to get what we wanted). Best family car we’ve ever owned. I would def consider a suburban for a second car if you need the space.

1 Like

Disoriented grandpa posts moved to landfill. Carry on.

6 Likes

im stuck in a similar boat, need a suburban or minivan (3 kids under 3). i just cant swallow $1k a month for a chevy, but at the same time i might drive off a bridge in a minivan

Just traded wife’s Armada for 2022 Sienna AWD. I hate to admit it, but can’t say I hate it.

Try the Kia carnival if you can order one. Go on the Kia forums and see if there’s a dealer offering orders at Msrp, it looks like an suv but competes with the sienna.

I can recommend a dealer in FL that will order at msrp if all else fails.

Was stuck on Sunset the other day and saw this Carnival thing.

They laid a goose egg with this design… at least the exterior.

Ugliest car I’ve seen since the Pontiac Aztec!

Agreed.

Is so much better looking than Megatron

im kinda digging megatron

Guess they never focus-group people like me who want minivans to look like minivans.

Like the outgoing Kia Sedona.

But will people like you buy those minivans in sufficient quantity?

1 Like

IDK but all the attempts to build a minivan-that-doesn’t-look-like-a-minivan haven’t arrested the sales slide.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.