2021 Chevy Bolt Transfer FEELER

They probably mean the Chevrolet EV Concierge, who ends up referring you to a Repurchase Rep.

Yep, did you just walk into a dealer or are you working with a repurchase coordinator? If you donā€™t have a repurchase coordinator call GM EV concierge, say youā€™re part of the Bolt recall and want to explore your options.

Once you get assigned a coordinator, ask for the substitution of collateral

I have been speaking with a customer service rep waiting for a repurchase rep to be assigned to my case. They said im in que and are waiting for my documents (which they requested yesterday and I will send over today).

I followed up and asked about the substation of collateral so weā€™ll see! If Iā€™m able to swap it out for an equal MSRP 2023 Bolt with no usage deduction that would be wild, I would run it to the end of the lease and buy it out. Anything less than that and Iā€™ll move forward with a swap that can benefit someone or buy it out and sell it to shift (+$2k equity).

I appreciate all the help from everyone here!!

Youā€™re not listening. If you donā€™t care about the car and you are just going to sell it, you should pick something else. You want something that will have the highest value possible to a dealer. Itā€™s possible that might be a Bolt but thatā€™s unlikely. Iā€™d look at what dealers are charging for their inventory. A Silverado is probably your best bang for your buck. After that probably a Blazer or Equinox. Maybe a similar MSRP Camaro depending on your location? A ā€œusedā€ Bolt most likely wonā€™t have as much value as most of those other choices on a dealer lot. Iā€™m in the process of doing a SOC swap into a new Bolt right now but thatā€™s because Iā€™m keeping it and plan to buy it for myself at the end of the lease.

If im able to do the SOC, I would want a new Bolt (my brother is in the market for one right now so Iā€™d be able to givd it to him), thats why I was saying thats the ideal situation! I hope thats able to work out.

I meant that if they arenā€™t able to do the SOC, I would opt out of the swap/buyback and just have someone take over the lease or sell the car to shift.

:crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:

Keep in mind you will pay tax on your buyout amount. Also, I donā€™t know how strict car buying companies are, but 2 Chevy dealers wouldnā€™t offer to buy my Bolt because the batteries werenā€™t swapped yet. They said even if they bought it, they wouldnā€™t be able to sell it until the batteries were swapped.

Any updates on this piece?

Unfortunately, not yet. I need a dealer to agree to giving up a Bolt in their inventory to move forward before actually talking to a representative regarding the process (I am still just speaking to the customer service representative that gathers the documents, etc).