2021 BMW M550i xDrive - $85k MSRP - $821/mo + tax - $2.5k DAS - No MSD - 34mo / 29k miles left - SoCal

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive

MSRP: $84,980
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $821 (due on the 4th each month)
Effective monthly payment: $896+tax with down payment factored in

Current mileage: ~1,200
Maturity mileage: 30,000
Effective miles per month: ~850
Maturity date: 1/4/2024

MSD due (if any): None
Cash due (if any): $2,500
Incentive for new lessee (if any): n/a

Financial institution: BMW Financial Services
Transfer fee: $500+tax (approx. $548) (paid by buyer)
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes, but buyer to arrange for shipping/logistics

Vehicle condition, options, and other details: Sad to put up our 2021 M550i up for lease transfer. The car is perfect in every way and is the best BMW I’ve ever had in the most amazing new BMW color. My original deal is listed below. I researched LH and Swapalease and my car is the cheapest 2021 M550i (LCI) on both sites, even with the down payment I’m asking for. The car is nicely optioned as follows:

-Executive Package ($2150)
-Parking Assistance Package ($800)
-Shadowline Package ($550)
-20" 846M Wheels ($950)
-Black Nappa Leather ($1000)
-Ventilated Seats ($500)
-Massaging Seats ($1000)
-Heated Steering Wheel ($190)

The roof was wrapped in black by the BMW dealer before purchase ($250) and they also tinted the rear windows with ceramic tints at 20% ($300). After purchase I’ve added ceramic front window tints at 30% ($125) and IND body colored front reflectors ($135).

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Link to my original deal: Signed: NEW 2021 BMW M550i - Bernina Grey - $85k MSRP - 10% off - 36/10 - $821+tax - $1k DAS - NO MSDs

Swapalease Ad: BMW 5 Series Lease Deals | Swapalease.com

Photos:

5 Likes

If my DTI ratio was this precarious, I would be nervous about taking on more debt.

2 Likes

The spontaneous feeling of making some quick $$$ of course

1 Like

IDK what’s wrong with asking for money on a lease transfer

OP, this is why you rarely go into detail on the “why”… just delete it and say DAS: $X period. @ZZAutoDeals

The market will speak. Either it will sell at asking or eventually the seller will have to judge between waiting further vs reducing

3 Likes

Yes, exactly my thought - no need to explain anything to anyone. Otherwise, it only invites questions. I’m willing to delete my posts for this :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks guys. Normally I wouldn’t elaborate, but the last time I didn’t explain my transfer ad or share my original deal, I was attacked and accused of trying to make a “profit” (of course nothing wrong with that even if I was). Even after explaining myself this time, I was still accused of the same thing - except this time it makes zero mathematical sense lol.

Just don’t explain WHY you transfer, you can always do it in private to an interested party.

3 Likes

Fair point. Just trying to be as transparent as possible given it’s only a 2 month old car.

100% transparency about the car, nothing else.

3 Likes

@ZZAutoDeals You’re a good guy and this is a beautiful car.

GLWT and the house !

4 Likes

Gorgeous car and there are not many around! GLWT!

2 Likes

To sum it up —

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

3 Likes

Thanks @TheBigTuna and @Bostoncarconcierge

LOL @sledbeagle2 - I noticed that too :rofl:

1 Like

As promised - off topic posts deleted.

2 Likes

Worst comes to worst you keep the car - you can live in your car but you can’t drive your house (usually)!

6 Likes

I want this car. This specific one. I’m closing on a new house at the end of this month. If it’s available I will take it.

2 Likes

The two events are only related if your DTI won’t support the payment.

It’s a myth that you cannot apply for new credit with a pending mortgage app.

You just need to disclose it if it’s going to create a new financial commitment.

If you really want the car, talk to your mortgage loan officer and then get the car (in that order).

3 Likes

It can muddy the waters though. My bank said that a new app for a lease replacement (getting rid of one for another of roughly the same payment) would cause underwriting to ask questions when they pulled the app right before close, and could delay our closing date. There would be a new debt, however just a new contract replacing one debt with another debt, leaving our DTI the exact same. Still didn’t matter. This wasn’t a situation where the debt doesn’t count in the last x months before the lease maturing either.

Maybe she didn’t know what the hell she was talking about, or just didn’t want to deal with it and told us what was easiest for her to say. Who knows.

1 Like

You are replacing a $0 loan amount on your expiring lease with an $X amount on your new lease, even at the same payment, so it’s not the same. Unless I’m missing something?

1 Like

IIRC, if the lease is under 12 months remaining, it doesn’t count toward DTI. If greater than 12 months, it still does. This lease would be greater than 12 months remaining. The difference between the 2 lease payments is a couple bucks at most one way or another, so not enough to swing DTI any meaningful way.