2021 BMW M3 cosmetic damages

I went to a dealer to purchase a 2021 M3 and was very motivated to make a deal. I was told these cars are hot and are selling over MSRP. Apparently, this dealer had some major accident where a car crashed into the dealership and caused some wreckage, and a bunch of debris caused scratches and nicks to the rear of the car (trunk, bumper, door panels). I couldn’t believe how many I was finding. Because I was planning to lease, I figured this could get documented, and they could work on a deal off the MSRP. I was shocked that they did not budge and wanted to sell a high-performance enthusiast car over MSRP.
This car has already lost its value, and that’s not including the value it loses when you drive it off the premises. Is this right? What would you do?

1 Like

Find a new dealer.

18 Likes

A few brokers here can help you get or order one at or a few % under msrp.

2 Likes

Ask to see the damage disclosure and ask for the value of the damages + invoice as a discount.

2 Likes

Yes, if anything whatsoever was reported on that accident, that car has been nailed. Without a significant discount, run away fast.

4 Likes

Not buy this car

1 Like

If it was Freeport , I saw that mess.

The black on red?

Yes, it was Freeport.

Tanzanite blue II/ silverstone

1 Like

I’d only consider a damaged car if I was on a budget and it was the only way I could make it happen.

Anyone shopping for a new m3 should not fit that profile.

Not worth it to save a few shekels.

7 Likes

I could not agree more. It is not a direct comparison but I can stay on a 4 series coupe that the difference in 3rd party offers between a perfect car and one that was in a very minor cosmetic scrape while in loaner service is very high indeed. Both cars are literally almost identical…One of them right now has a carvana offer of about 32K, the other one about 26K. Take a guess which one is which :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it important to have the car right now? I would either look in classifieds or find a better deal.
Are you the type of person that can look at a bunch of damage every day and be ok with it, while paying msrp?

2 Likes

No rush. I may just wait for the awd after all or something else. I just couldn’t believe it. I guess someone just might deal with it for msrp and over.

1 Like

There’s a butt for every seat.

1 Like

I’m not currently in the market for one of these cars, but when I pondered one I definitely came to the same conclusion. This car will (for practical purposes) perform a lot better with AWD in the usual acceleration tests. Whether those matter to someone or not would be up to them.

2 Likes

Thanks! This is great advice if going forward and for anyone that finds themselves in this kind of situation.

1 Like

Definitely run. Some dealers (especially ones which don’t have any nearby competitors) expect big profit on every car. It’s ridiculous they would even try to sell you a damaged m3 at msrp. Aim for at Least 5 percent off. Closer to 10.

even this I say is shy on Unrealistic with current market conditions and allocations.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Arent (or perhaps I should say weren’t) you guys doing 6 to 9% off new M3/M4 that did not have the Carfax blemish/depreciation hard dealer add included? :grin:

1 Like