2021 Audi S5 Sportback

On a 21? No… Just another case of someone commenting on a thread with little knowledge about the market and getting unrealistic expectations into people’s minds.

7 Likes

Sure if they have enough blackmail on the GM.

Fletcher Jones is doing 10% all day on in stock inventory. I’m getting 9.5% on an Audi Exclusive build at buyrate.

The pre-negotiated deals on the front page of LH are at 9%. 10% is not an insane ask.

For a mass market Q3 & Q5. If you have someone to give OP that on a A5 SB, by all means hook OP up. However, I’d trust Gor or Paul when they say it’s not happening.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

The pre-negotiates deals aren’t on an s5. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Is this the absolute best number available on an s5? I don’t know. Is it reasonable to expect the same discount targets on an S5 sb as on other audi models? Absolutely not.

As a data point, having something that is being advertised on a forum as 9-10% (depending on if you’re referring to the Q3 or Q5) means that LH is still making some money on the deal most likely as a kick-back from the dealership. That means on an equivalent deal assuming a $400-500 kick back per deal (the same as a broker fee), the discount is actually 10-11% for the dealer. So is that possible on an S model? ABSOLUTELY. Will every dealer go for it? YMMV.

WIll it be better to locate the vehicle outside of SoCal? I found one in Las Vegas…Maybe since the car market is not as hot over there they will honor a 10-11% discount

It never hurts to ask. There is always a dealership out there that needs to move a car. It’s more of a question of whether or not you want to put in the effort to find the deal/fly to pick it up. Inventory is always shifting and if you have time, there is a deal to be had.

That directly contradicts what you said lol.

Besides; Audi doesn’t have trouble selling s5’s.

Did you see this? It was posted not long ago 10 percent might be a stretch.

2021 Audi S5 Sportback Premium+
MSRP: $65,165
Selling Price: $60,500
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 7.5k
MF: .00135
Residual: 71
Region: SoCal
Leasehackr Score: 6.9 years

I’d say near 10% on an S5 SB from 2021 is a phenomenal deal and definitely not the norm.

1 Like

If this is a broker deal then why are you trying to push for a bigger discount? I was under the impression that most broker deals have a pre-negotiated discount and are either a “Take it” or “Leave it” kind of deal.

That might be true on a A4, A5 or A6 but S models are not normally discounted much.

If OP can get 9% off on a 2021 S5, then that would be a great deal IMO.

The lease support just isn’t there. Pass

I believe sharksfan is referencing my quote.

I had a deal ready to go in SoCal on a ~$65k MSRP SB for $860 down $860/mo (tax included 10.25%). 24/7.5k term. Decided to pass and get a m340i due to lease flexibility and superior tech/drivability IMO.

I was, it seemed like you got a bigger discount albeit still small. m340i is a good choice, I drove one at UDE it was a beast.

I’m not saying it’s impossible. I’m just saying it’s not the norm… and you’re throwing around 10-11% like any ordinary person can walk in and get it.

The norm is how dealership groups stay in business: 2-3% discount and a possibly marked up MF. If you know what’s possible, why not spend a day or so getting an exceptional deal? Most brokers offer replicable deals that dealerships would be happy to honor 20 times a month which is how they stay in business. If you do the leg work yourself, you can find a better deal that a dealer might be willing to do once or twice a month. If you know that 10-11% is not impossible, you would be saving yourself over a grand versus taking a broker deal.

A “not impossible” deal isn’t the same as a deal that you can get after spending a day or two. It’s a deal that might be doable for someone when the stars happen to perfectly align.

If you catch a dealer the hour before the period closes and they’re 1 sale short of a bonus, 10-11% on an s5 sb may happen. It’s not impossible, but it’s certainly improbable.

Stop thinking that the normal discount on a run of the mill model is as doable on a high demand, niche vehicle.

1 Like