2021 audi q8 premium - $815/mo and 5k down

Yeah, not enough zeros in that money factor.

I think we need to come up with a new LH specific term that invokes Sisyphus in some manner.

Let’s see if OP reaches out to you privately.

OP - reach out to @DonnyAudi … seems to have some options available.

Otherwise, it looks like you’ll have to pay to play if the Q8 is what you really want. GLWT

1 Like

Thanks for the shout out, I did speak with the OP, my least expensive MSRP is $73,390 vs the $71,xxx they’ve been quoted on. My discount was quite a bit more in comparison. I did mention the MF is incorrect, not sure where .0003 came from, the buy rate is .00087, even if applying max MSD’s that brings it to .00042.

5 Likes

Just to conclude on this. I reached out Donny and he pointed out that the money factor I was quoted .00030 (I was missing a 0 in my OP) was impossible as he stated above. I ended up talking with @Samaudibh who was extremely helpful and transparent. When I shared the quote sheet with him, he reiterated that the MF seemed to be a mistake. Due to how low it was (with no MSDs), his offer with 8% off MSRP was still not better than what I had above.
I feel like I tested this quote over the past 2 days and despite the negative feedback here, no one could do better on a Q8. This was the car I wanted, so I went back to the initial dealer and they honored the pricing, so I picked it up tonight. I appreciate the help, even the snarky stuff.

2 Likes

Dude, there is nothing snarky being said, people are only trying to help you. Enjoy the car as it’s a done deal now. But in the future, if you are putting almost 3 grand down as a CCR on a lease, this forum is NOT a place for you.

How is 8% off MSRP worse than 4%?

At 8% off on the same car you have posted here at base MF with no MSDs your monthly is cheaper and you save $3k from DAS

We have different definitions of snark then. I literally said thank you to everyone and was grateful for the feedback, so will continue to be here. I’m still learning, and my goal was just to not get screwed on a deal. I’m sure I left some money on the table, but I’m not losing sleep about it.

1 Like

How exactly were the brokers unable to beat your deal? What about their deal offer was not worth it to you? I’m curious.

How is 8% off MSRP worse than 4%?
[/quote]

MF was 0.00042 with max MSDs vs 0.0003 with no MSDs, 8% off was on a slightly more expensive car, 72,870 vs 71,020 which made no difference to me.

1 Like

I amortized my DAS over the life of the loan and comparing cash to cash, I was spending less. Sam literally told me to take the deal I had. He was valuing the MSD error or whatever happened there as worth about 2k, so it turned my 4% off into closer to the 7-8% that people were saying was more standard.

1 Like

You did really good. Congratulations on buying your car from your local dealer for a great price .

2 Likes

I see, enjoy your car!

1 Like

What bank did they end up doing the deal through?

None of this makes any sense sir. Anyways it’s done so just enjoy the car for now

Just curious Sam how did his Deal differ from what you offered

The dealer made a mistake on MF and had to honor it .

How does a deal like that get funded? Rewrite the contract with the correct mf and a commensurate discount?

1 Like

No they had to lower the cap cost for their F…up

2 Likes