2021 Acura TLX Type S Goes On Sale Tomorrow

I think a more likely lease alternative (and a problematic one for Acura) is the 540i with an M Sport package. I imagine you could get into one for under $600/mo, though maybe not without loyalty.

An M340 or M3 still strikes me as a bit on the smaller side.

S60 T8 is another one that may be a compelling one too.

1 Like

I’m going to be in market around Oct or Nov. Hopefully by then these things won’t be priced so ridiculously. I would consider an M340i if it were in a similar price range but there’s one thing that pushes any 3 Series out of consideration for me: Lack of ventilated seats. I live in New Orleans and spend a lot of time in my vehicle. And having been driving a Stinger with ventilated seats for the last 2.5 years they’re a game changer. And now a must for this environment that is hot and extremely humid most of the year.

BMW’s ventilated seats are next to useless in humid climates.

#passiton

2 Likes

The 3 series is really the better comparison. The 5 is far, far better than a TLX. The exterior dimensions are closer, but the wheelbase is pretty far apart. 117.1" vs 113.0" (3er is 112.2").

As I mentioned above, the interior dimensions are almost identical between the 3 and the TLX even though the TLX is much larger on the exterior. The 3 isn’t small anymore… but the main point here is WTF is up with the TLX’s packaging?

M340i xDrive (EPA passenger volume 94.0 cubic feet, wheelbase 112.2 inches):

1 Like

Not that I would ever have the opportunity to find out lol. I’ll likely wind up deciding between a TLX and a Genesis G70. We’ll have to see what Type S leasing looks like. Genesis has strong residuals but high MF right now. But who knows might be a wash if dealers mark up the Type S. I do prefer the design of TLX interior over the G70…

The closest competition the type s presents is to G70/Stinger 368 HP 0-60 4.7 sec and maybe a 330i, M340i is way ahead of stinger and g70, only real thing the type s brings to the table IMO is exhaust sound (if it’s like it sounded on reviews).

Just look back to when the 22’ mdx’s came out, they were going for sky high prices. With the hype they have been creating around the type s it’s prob gonna be even worse pricing.

Normal TLXs have SUBSTANTIALLY better MF though compared to the G70. If that carries over to Type S, dealer markups may just bring them in line with typical G70 lease rates? My hope is that MF stays good on Type S and maybe residual goes up to 60%. If that happens and I’m able to find one late this year without markup, could be a decent deal. Also, Carmax is, at the moment at least, offering bonkers money for a low mileage Stinger. So going to see if I can have them buy out the lease instead of me just turning it in.

This js true. You can piggyback with a jb4 and get back there though, it’s all about software in these new cars they control the things that matter like boost pressure. Crazy what a downpipe and tune combo can turn these cars into.

Curious to see numbers on 3 year/10k lease.

The ILX correct?

Type S - thank you.

I’ll let you know in about a week or two once my ActiveAutowerke downpipe arrives :grin:

Decatted? You should be able to crack 4s for whp easily and the torque will be insane. Added benefit is the sound. Bmw exhausts are quiet af. Run a resonator delete with the dp and it will sound like an M car.

Its actually catted - didn’t want the stench that typically comes with catless DP’s. I got the MPE exhaust so should sound great as a combination.

Edit: I should be well over 400 whp with my current setup - JB4 Map 3 w/E25

Has anyone gotten lease numbers yet? Curious to see how bad they are.

1 Like

I doubt that will happen. The PCM edition TLX and MDX were not eligible for standard rebates and also had different money factors (higher) at most points.

New programs dont come out for Honda / Acura till July 7th.

I don’t disagree. The hype + shortage = Give this guy a trophy as he is spot on.

Just a guestimate from my end, with inceptions I would expect something in the $600 to $700 range but I may be wrong.

2 Likes

I think running at MSRP you’ll probably be spot on.

The markup is gonna be the kicker.

I honestly have no idea what these are gonna do, it surprised by how many it seems are out there already. Have seen a few pop up at local dealers already.

The PCM models were mostly sold at MSRP or at Invoice. Reason why we never saw a deal posted here on a single PCM model. Insane MF, $0 Rebates and Same residual as regular models. No idea what Acura was thinking and then tons of ended up becoming used as loaner and then sold as CPO. Luckily though the current market conditions helped them recover some good money on the used car market.

Did everyone just forget that the S4 exists? $2500 incentive this month, decent residual, and okay MF.

1 Like

I had an 07 TL Type S with a manual, still regret selling it to this day. I think this may be a good car to pick up used

2 Likes