2021 Acura TLX ($17303) and Wrangler 4xE ($12438) onepays signed - with lots of positive equity

All deals were completed and signed early July.
I had 2 leases ready to turn in going in on the deal.

2018 Nissan Rogue SV 36/12k, Over mileage by 1k miles. Unable to sell to third party due to NMAC. Went to every Nissan/Infiniti dealer in my area and withheld that it was a lease until they made an offer. Was able to receive a check for $3900. :dollar: :dollar:

2018 Dodge Challenger GT AWD 36/12k, 4 months left on lease. Sold to Carmax and given a check for $8900. :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

I recently moved to FL but still have IL residence and plates, so my deals were done for IL taxes. The first vehicle I drove to D.C. and picked up myself.

:red_car: 2021 Acura TLX Advanced
MSRP: $49,325
Selling Price: $44,825
Monthly Payment: $0
Drive-Off Amount: $17303 (~$14300 before IL tax)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: 0.00052 (0.00001 with onepay)
Residual: 58%
Incentives: 2500
Region: IL (Dealer in MD)
Leasehackr Score: 10.1
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Link (Taxes not calculated correctly for IL)

The second vehicle was brokered through @Clutch, whom I highly recommend. It was delivered to Northern FL for $500.

:blue_car: 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xE Sahara
MSRP: $57200
Selling Price: $51480
Monthly Payment: $0
Drive-Off Amount: $12438 (~$9100 before IL tax)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12
MF: 0.00172 (0.001 with onepay)
Residual: 66% (My residual was locked for May, when the car came in, the Residuals were lower but the MF was lowered too :smiley: )
Incentives: 7500
Region: IL (Dealer in Southern corridor)
Leasehackr Score: 14.9
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Link (Taxes not calculated correctly for IL)

My total Expenses:
-3900 Rogue
-8900 Challenger
17303 TLX
12438 4xE
500 4xE delivery
700 level 2 charger and install costs
=~18,000

13 Likes

Don’t forget to claim 30% of the cost as a federal tax credit.

4 Likes

You mentioned:

“Went to every Nissan/Infiniti dealer in my area and withheld that it was a lease until they made an offer. Was able to receive a check for $3900. :dollar: :dollar:

I’m a bit confused by that, reason being is that they take the Vin and license to run the comps. They automatically know where it’s financed and or being leased. Every place I went to get an appraisal they did so by running the Vin, these factors were given so they definitely knew it was a lease without you saying it was.

That could be true. But two dealers were really surprised to find out it’s a lease. One asked why I just don’t go sell the car to Carmax with the offer I came in with. I told them it was a lease and the guy literally threw his hands in the air and the other managers visibly facepalmed. The other backed out of the deal and said I can only return the lease to them and tried to get me to do it right then and there.

I’m assuming depending on when you go and how busy it is, things are overlooked.

2 Likes

Weekend date time, the blonds will favor the Acura, redheads will prefer the Jeep.

1 Like

Nice work on these two cars.

I’ve ordered the same 4xe color via Clutch… looks great! can’t wait to get mine.
What tires are those?

I have a Rogue, you cannot sell it to Carmax? I did not care since I was planning to buy it because of the low residual but am curious. This lease is up in 2023

NMAC (the nissan bank) does not allow 3rd party buy outs.

Did the dealership delivered the TLX or you have to go get it & drive it back?