2020 X3 M40 loaner - $557/mo 36/12K $65K MSRP. No MSDs

Hey all! I’ve been talking to quite a few dealers in my region and curious what you guys think of the numbers on this deal. Seems like X3 M40 loaners are few & far between so was excited to see a few pop up.

I was able to get to 11.5% on brand new. With this particular loaner, we’re at 16% before incentives. 22.6% after incentives…

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW X3 M40
MSRP: $ 65,170
Selling Price: $ 54,743
Monthly Payment: $ 557/mo
Drive-Off Amount: $ $2800 (1st month/title/taxes/fees)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00142 (buy rate)
Residual: 56% - closer to 55% with 3300 miles on the loaner
Incentives: $4250 (includes loyalty):
Leasehackr Score: 9.4
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=65170&sales_price=54720&months=36&mf=.00142&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=4250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=56&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=7.125&demo_mileage=3300&memo=&totalLeaseTax_radio=true

3 Likes

No MSD because it’s an NY dealer?

No MSD because $20-30/month isn’t really worth it to me

Strong deal. If you like the car take the deal.

I mean it’s pretty effortless… Just deposit $3,850 to have $1,000+ “in return” over 3-year span, it’s darn good an investment to me.

he can buy 3k of stocks and have better return rather than having his money locked up.

Also when transferring lease, you lose MSDs.

if your car gets totaled, you lose MSDs.

Not a smart thing to do unless you are bulletproof and you sure nothing will happen to your car.

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, best to say nothing.

5 Likes

Have you seen the stock market lately? Or you’re sure this is the bottom and it will recover?

Transferring or totaling a lease, you don’t lose the MSDs.

What are you talking about? You get the money back if the car gets totaled. If you’re going to say something at least make sure you know what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

For the stock part I can’t comment, you sure can get multiple folds of what you invested in just months, or toilet papers (well toilet papers are probably not good examples at the moment lol). Even using 7% return minus the capital gain taxes, MSDs are still much better on paper not to say vs savings account.

For transferring leases, at least for most cases I’ve seen here people make deals to recover the MSDs upfront from the tranferee and the later will eventually collect actual MSDs back when turning in the lease. It’s a reasonable practice but of course you can give up the money if you just want to dump your lease.

I’m pretty sure you get MSDs back when it’s totaled, technically less whatever GAP doesn’t cover if there’s any.

depends on the leasing company, research before you talk :wink:

most people dont wanna pay for MSD during transfer, I have transferred three times in my life. everyone tries to bargain you down for 0 pay to you and just paying the monthly payment.

Stock market is a gamble, but I would rather have that gamble on volatile stock instead of saving 30-50 bucks a month. my point is, leasing companies know MSDs benefit them more than it benefits you, they are not stupid and they will always try to make the most money.

We’re obviously talking about BMW here… and BMW returns MSD’s if you total a car buddy. I do this for a living… you do your research before you talk :rofl:. You don’t get it back if you transfer the lease but you do get it back if you total the car.

I think we just had a bit of miscommunication, we are both researched but I was speaking more in general term and your reply was more specific to this thread and bmw :slight_smile:

Which banks do you lose the MSDs in a total loss?

I remember a case with Mercedes where an unlisted driver totaled the car or he/she didnt carry enough uninsured motorist coverage, and the gap didnt not cover the whole thing and the MSD was gone.

Sounds like more BS from a guy who got called out and is now making shit up.

Even if the scenario were true, cash is cash. They’re gonna come after you for it. Unless you don’t care about collections and your credit, you’re gonna have to pay.

2 Likes