2020 VW Tiguan $188/mo+ tax

Yes, absolutely. That’s how you analyze the deal. It’s also how we establish useful data points for other people shopping.

1 Like

I agree with you but I don’t think the OP cares.

@sokalifornian if you like the car, take the deal.

So my point is, based on personal experience, and other Tiggy deals posted here, for that car, today, that payment with that drive off is…

A good deal

And a good data point for others

Regardless of the breakdown

Agree, take the deal if it’s the car you want

Without the useful data broken out, it isn’t a particularly good data point for others. Looking at just payment without context of what incentives someone qualifies for, etc, tells a very incomplete picture.

1 Like

Maybe VW Tiguan lease deals are just out of whack. I remember when I leased my Tiguan S almost 3 years ago from rubbergash, the only thing that lined up was DAS and monthly payments, which was good enough for me. Everything else was complete off of what he posted. Anyways, I really regret the Tiguan S. I started off really missing keyless entry and start, but then also reliability and also having less range anxiety in my EV. I have idiot lights going off like a Christmas Tree, but the dealer can’t reproduce them even when I show them pictures. I sold it to Shift only to have it returned because they found a rod knock that the dealer also can’t reproduce. So I’m stuck with it until the lease ends in 3 months. Good luck.

Holy cow what an awful story. My daughter drove ours a bit and she loved it. My son and I beat it up but the German handling (unlike the anemic engine) was great, probably its best feature. I also liked the fit and finish, although the plastic visor anchor broke off, evidence of its cheapness. Having a third row for that price point was something as well.

I had to bring it in for a campaign once, i thought the dealer service was great. Would have enjoyed a 6-year warranty had i not leased, but obviously unsolvable issues can happen, so then the warranty duration doesn’t matter anyway.

Never imagined a buyer would reneg after pickup. We sold ours to Carvana (for profit despite the original good deal) and i guess we were lucky they never gave us back the car after finding a problem with it.

I guess for you it’s good riddance. And you won’t be leasing another one. Maybe now i won’t either. Decisions…

What year is your Tiguan? It sounds like it has been relatively reliable for you?

I was reading that the 2018 year had a lot of problems, which I think is the first year of the model.

I got my daughter a 2018 SE and have absolutely zero problem with it except couple recalls. She is in love with and says that all the time.

As for the deal that OP got, I believe it’s a really good deal looking at the DOF and the payment. It doesn’t matter what your discount is or the MF is. You can get $5000 worth of BS add ons and get $12000 discount. At the end of the day, it comes down to what you pay in total for the next 3 years. Shop the deal, not the number.

1 Like

I signed and picked up the car. It was a true $642 drive off (first month plus fees) and $212/mo (including tax), 10k miles per year, 36 months! Total cost of lease ~$8k

This is my third lease. Probably my best overall value given its size.

Thank you Leasehacker community for your input!!

7 Likes

Post the full details to help everyone else

4 Likes

Congratulations that’s a nice payment for that drive off. Definitely post the details, it will be a good data point for LHers here.

Mine was indeed a 2018, so first year, but not many issues. The visor clip, the campaigns, and a stuck fuel filler door that fixed itself.

I’ve a 2018 SEL Premium 4Motion, The September ECU and TCU flash updates, “24GB” I recall is the code, made driving it fun! Better feeling torque curve, and smooth shifts. I previously was looking at buying a $499. APR Stage 1 ECU upgrade, but haven’t felt the need.

We need a 2nd car, and this post makes me curious as to a 2020 SEL Premium AWD lease possibility. I would prefer a 24 month term. Sokal, can you post your details? Dealership and rep (via Private Message?)

Only the base model S will lease well. Because of the way these Tiggy discounts work, the lower msrp will have the highest % discount. Your SEL will likely be at least 50% more per month.

Thanks. I was guessing about $275./mo. I need to go check out Edmunds re less than 36 month options, if any. And autobytel for any remaining incentives.

I need to check, but a 2020 base with 4Motion may have more standard safety features than the 2018 base model. (Out family is interested in the updated Hyundai Santa Fe too, but that’s unlikely to lease even OK for some time.)

24m payments are usually better than 36 when the discount is big. Otherwise you’ll be lower with longer lease. But then there’s the tire replacement etc with longer lease so sometimes 24m makes sense.

But if you’re lucky and have equity in your lease, you can sell it to a car buying company before the lease is up and avert tire replacement and disposition fee

Consider also these:

autopiaBroker

:ribbon: Specials on SUVs below:

New 2021 KIA SPORTAGE 2WD LX
MSRP: $25,160
36 months
10k miles per year
Due at signing: $2,150 + $399 broker fee
Monthly Payment: $195 includes all taxes and fees
AWD: $215

New 2021 HYUNDAI TUCSON 4WD SE
MSRP: $27,185
36 months
10k miles per year
Due at signing: $2,200 + $399 broker fee
Monthly Payment: $226 includes all taxes and fees

Did you ever get a breakdown of the discounts? I’m trying to replicate and I see $1000 markup in MSRP and $2475 in incentives. So I’m $3500 short of the $7000 discount you received.

Was your car a demo?

Thanks.

Hi @sokalifornian
Can you share the dealer info? Would like to replicate the deal you got. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.