2020 VW Cross Sport

So I’m new here and been paying close attention and wanted opinions on this matter. I do have negative equity on my current loan and I’m looking at the VW Cross Sport. Please let me know if this is a good deal. image

This is pretty atrocious.

You have a WRX, sell that privately as you will get a lot more money for it.

The Cross sport is so new that dealers will think they’re made of gold. I’ve been looking at the cross sport myself in anticipation and honestly, the damn thing is just too big, too slow, too poor in fuel economy.

Do you have to tow anything? Save yourself 1,600 bucks and get the 2.0T instead.

1 Like

That trade value hurts. Adds about $100 a month. Have you gotten buy out quotes from carvana, shift, and vroom?

Also, 48 month leases are generally best avoided

…at least, since we don’t know MF or tax rate.

53k on a 2017 - are you able to stay within 12k miles/yr?

Curious if the 2.0 will come in SEL premium trim

So here is were I messed up, i got the car used and my monthly payments are hideous. So i want to bring payments down but this clearly isn’t working so far.

About 17k from Carvana

It should.

What was the original WRX deal? It’s odd to have that much negative as they hold their value well.

And what do you owe on it?

Keep in mind that by rolling it into the lease, you’re paying full tax and interest on the amount you’re rolling in a second time

Your only going to exacerbate the issue. I don’t advise doing this, but if you absolutely had to, you should be burying your negative equity into as short a lease as possible with the lowest MF, highest incentives, and highest RV. Your best bet is probably something like a 24 month lease on a Alfa stelvio or a loaner BMW 3 series.

1 Like

It pains me to say but I owe 22k,i got the extended warranty like an idiot, and it’s biting me in the butt.

Is the warranty transferrable to the next owner? If so, use it as a selling point in a private party sale.

Do you need an SUV, or do you just want a new car because it’s cool looking and something new?

What are you currently paying for the WRX? What interest rate?

What’s the mf on the cross sport?

1 Like

I’d prefer an SUV cause I’m a big individual. So i had pretty bad credit, but wanted a car. So i pay $580 at 14% interest rate

It would probably be cheaper to finance for 72 months at 2%.

1 Like

What is your credit like now?

What is the mf on the atlas?

690-670 and I’m not sure what the Mf is

Alright, my advice with that in mind…

Stop talking to any dealers about lease numbers. You need to do a lot of reading/learning before you’re in a position to make an educated decision on a lease.

Go to the leasing 101 section on here and start reading. If you want to get a decent deal, you need to know what you’re looking for and what makes a lease.

1 Like

You might talk to a credit union about refinancing your current ride. This might make it easier to sell private party too, they can help facilitate the deal, plus with time the cross sport deals will get better. You’ll be at least $2k or more private party, especially with the warranty.