2020 Volvo XC60 - 10K under miles - What Kind of Equity Should I expect?

My lease is up in July, so I am starting the process of car shopping. My current payment is $399.01. It was a loaner with 3k miles, I leased it and have only driven it about 20,000 miles on a 36/10 deal.

I was quoted at $608 36/10 for a 2023 XC60 Plus - taking into account Volvo loyalty, Costco, and the equity on my car. Obviously, this was just the opening salvo. I will respond with a more serious number, but I do not know how to properly value my car’s equity at lease end.

You can start by getting a few quotes:

Then, you realize there is no equity in your Volvo.
BTW, you can’t sell it anyway, other than to a Volvo dealer in exchange for another Volvo.

I would expect 0. Should be under water. @aronchi would be able to tell you maybe and give you a quote for a new one (no broker fee)

Also we need more details of how you got that price from the dealer. what is the msrp sales price mf

1 Like

who are you and what have you done w the bear?

2 Likes

send me a pm if you’re serious about pulling the trigger this month.

Times change so do car values

I like this new Ursus :slightly_smiling_face:

Nervous Kids Say The Darndest Things GIF by CBS

2 Likes

Unfortunately Volvo Costco rebate expired end of December 2022. Maybe will comeback in April or May, we shall see…

1 Like

Thanks. Just did.

Ah man - didn’t see that coming. That was a main reason I signed up for Costco in the first place. Now I love saving money by spending $600 every time I go.

1 Like