2020 Volvo S60 T5 Mom $45K MSRP $302/month (inclusive of Texas tax) + $0 DAS + 10 MSDs + A-Plan + BonusDrive + Loyalty

This is my second lease in 10 days. Thanks LH Community! I think…

Note the following:

• Lease pull ahead on a 2017 Volvo S90 T6 Mom

• Texas tax credits available. Paid about 1.2% instead of 6.25% on selling price

• Loyalty of $1000 (Southern region program)

• Volvo paid first 2 payments (Southern region program)

• BonusDrive $500 rebate (pending)

• A-Plan used from employer

• 6 month new Volvo dealership (running out of a trailer temporarily – but main offices really used the Infiniti one which was super deluxe. BMW level)

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum.
MSRP: $44,840
Monthly Payment: $302 (factoring in 2 free payments and BonusDrive $500)
Drive-Off Amount: 10 MSDs (Volvo’s making 2 payments – roll it all in!)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: .00086
Residual: 53%
Incentives: lease + loyalty + A-Plan + BonusDrive + Texas Tax Credits
Region: TX
Leasehackr Score: 12.6
Leasehackr Calculator Link (all bonuses factored in): leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volvo&miles=10000&msd=10&msrp=44840&sales_price=38305&months=36&mf=.00086&dp=0&dealer_fee=150&acq_fee=995&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=6168&rebate=0&resP=53&reg_fee=183&sales_tax=0.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&salesPriceTax_radio=true

Leasehackr Calculator Link (just monthly without any taxes): leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volvo&miles=10000&msd=10&msrp=44840&sales_price=38305&months=36&mf=.00086&dp=0&dealer_fee=150&acq_fee=995&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=5000&rebate=0&resP=53&reg_fee=183&sales_tax=0&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&salesPriceTax_radio=true

Why not a BMW? Well my other car is a BMW M4CS.

And a Volvo is like 85% a BMW overall for about 60% the lease price IMO. My car comes with LED lights, HUD, Pilot Assist, Keyless entry, HK stereo, Blind spot, Park Assist. And really high safety rating. What more could you want in a family car? Just forget about the sub-par Playstation steering. Their seats are the best. Everything else is pretty good. I decided that my wife didn’t need 4WD in Texas, or the higher HP engine. Not for $80 or so a month extra.

Calculators are slightly off, so adjusted the values slightly to get accurate monthly payments.

2 Likes

This is what I’ve been trying to do with the volvo dealers in the Dallas area, with no luck. My s60 lease ends this month. Would you mind sharing the dealer, if that isn’t against the rules?

Do you have A Plan?

I do have access to that

This is what I would recommend. Find the car you want and include it in the email. They will want you to come down today after you’ve worked out your deal by email/phone. Which is fair enough. My lease payment wasn’t due until 25th. But I didn’t want to lose the deal. So I would say just return your car early. Don’t mention MSDs until you get down there or they agree to the deal (just have F&I update the MF when signing). They didn’t play around with me, but just know your numbers. So just tell them you have loyalty, A plan, and want to turn in your car. You are interested in X car. And if they can do $ABC per month $0 drive off, then you can come in today. No one wants their deal shopped at another dealer. DO NOT MENTION LEASEHACKR.

1 Like

Ah - thanks for the advice! I will try that.

How do you like the Pilot Assist? I’m looking at a different volvo and considering this

Love it for 2 year on the S90. A must have for 2 situations. Heavy traffic, so that you can avoid rear ending someone. And have a phone call at the same time more safely. And also on highways cruises. Both of these also reduce fatigue significantly.

It’s a pricey option, since you have to add Premium, Navigation plus Advanced to get it. But it is worth that much in my opinion. If you don’t do a lot of highway or stop start traffic, then it may be fine to skip.

Nice deal. Congrats and enjoy it. I wonder if any dealership in Houston might be able to replicate it. I have tried several times with no luck.

Damn I need a deal like this

I got a killer deal with DeMontrond in 2017. YMMV. They didn’t have a color I liked with Advanced or I would have tried them first.

This is really nice on a pull-ahead. Congratulations and enjoy the car! What made you not go for another T6?

Thank you. Price and use. I love the T6 in the S90.

But this is my wife’s car, and I only drive it 10% of the time. She doesn’t need the power. And the AWD is also only useful in heavy rain and snow, or if you push the car dynamically. Balance that against $80 or so a month, and I chose $80. T6s are also hard to come by, so finding one optioned the way I want is hard. Either wrong color, not enough options, or too highly optioned.

If you feel the T5 has too much torque steer, get the T6. If you don’t mind or can’t tell, get the T5.

I just drove 16 hours from Chicago to Boston last week in an XC60 T5I equipped with PA. It was marvelous. Drove itself all the way by itself on I90. Made the trip so much easier. And my god are those seats comfy - no back pain after 16 hours of sitting in it.

However, do know that the brake pads wear down a lot faster if you use PA a lot (esp the back ones). It seems like PA modulates a lot of the rear brake bias.

2 Likes

I’ve read that as well. It was not an issue for me. And brakes are covered by Volvo free maintenance. You can increase the gap to the car in front, which likely will help. But more infuriating than higher brake wear is people jumping into the larger gap. It’s not a perfect system, but one of the best. Tesla is likely the best, or has best rep.

I’m a S60 T5 driver myself.

Car is awesome. Not having to use Premium Gas is even better.

Brakes are not covered by Volvo maintenance. Brake pads are like tires, if you go thru them, you need to replace them on your own.

See the list that’s covered by Volvo free maintenance. It’s oil changes, oil filters, cabin filters. Brakes are NOT.

1 Like

I put 91 or 93 in my Volvo. I did an experiment and found it was consistently getting 3mpg on average better using premium gas than regular. Depending on where you’re at in the nation, it breaks out even/better cost wise.

1 Like

I will have to try that out once we can all use our cars normally again.

A plan is supposed to be limited to basically 6% off pre-incentive plus the elite bonus. I’m the s60, that means about 9.5%. You’ve obviously gone beyond that, so they may not have applied it or as a new.volvo dealer, they’re going to be in a painful realization when they get charged back for the a-plan bonus money.

For others, you shouldn’t expect to be able to stack a-plan with discounts like this.

1 Like