2020 Volkswagen Tiguan SE FWD (No Sunroof) Lease Quote

Hello Hackers, I got this quote on a 2020 VW Tiguan SE with no Sunroof and FWD.
10,000 Miles / 39 months / $0 Drive off / 1st month $0 payment for $320 including Tax(9.5%). I have included the link to the calculator below. I have a $20 discrepancy using the calculator. Please suggest if I should take this deal or not?
[leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volkswagen&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=28485&sales_price=25150&months=39&mf=0.00034&dp=1102&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=675&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=51&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=9.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=Monthly%20payment%20with%20tax%20%24320.%20ZERO%20Drive%20offs.%20&monthlyTax_radio=true

The calculator says that the DAS is $2000, w/ ~$1100 as down payment. Your post says something different. Which one is correct?

Sorry @paranoidgarliclover , I am not sure If I am using the calculator in the right way. Here is the image of the quote they have given.

This quote is from dealer ‘A’ and I requested another quote from Dealer ‘B’ who did not allow me to take a picture but it looks everything similar to the quote provided by Dealer ‘A’ .
Dealer ‘A’ offered me $317 with tax and 1102 DAS.
Dealer ‘B’ offered me $320 with tax and $0 DAS.
Sorry if I am not using the right terminology. Thanks !

I’m not very experienced w/ leases, but this doesn’t seem to be a very good deal, for such low mileage. Is $290 really the current rebate amount (check w/ Edmunds)? And is there a reason why you’re doing a 39 mo lease?

I’d check w/ one of the brokers or VW dealers on the board to see if they can beat it.

Hello, sign up to Rodo. I’m not sure how your credit is but you can get a similar MSRP SE for $313 w $313 due at signing only 36 months/ 12k miles. This is with 9.5 tax included

2 Likes

Thanks @JR_SAF , The one they offered me is $320 with $0 DAS which is similar to the RODO offer you posted. (Credit score: 740)

@paranoidgarliclover, 39 months is the current lease duration by VW for new leases. Edmund shows no rebates on leases. They have currently ‘sign and then drive’ event.

Question - is 36 months lease cheaper or the 39 months? ( Salesperson said 39 months gets better price as the residual will be better which doesn’t make any sense to me).
If the car MSRP is $ 28,500 with a credit score of 740 - 750, is it okay to pay 1.12 % of MSRP as a lease payment with taxes and nothing OOP?

Thanks!

This isn’t a useful metric for comparing deals.

Also be aware that in CA, by doing a 39 month lease, you have to pay for a whole other year of registration and only get to use 25% of it.

What did Edmunds tell you for MF/RV/incentives?

1 Like

@mllcb42, could you please share the link where I can find that info on Edmunds ? I tried searching but couldn’t find it.

I raised this question and the salesperson replied “You can always bring in your car at 36 months before your registration expires” :grin:

You’ll want to post and ask here https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/59076/volkswagen/tiguan/2020-volkswagen-tiguan-lease-deals-and-prices

I’m sure they’d love to roll those last 3 payments into the next lease

2 Likes

Did you look at this?

1 Like