2020 Tundra SR5 initial offer

I can do that sx around $260ish…I have black. Of course you get $100 off for repeat buyer as well. If it makes sense lmk!

3 Likes

I figured that’s about where you would be at. I set myself a goal that if I was within 10-15% of that I’d be okay with not traveling. Flights are only getting cheaper though with that scary virus keeping people from flying, so who knows.

1 Like

2nd @Jrouleau426
Worth knowing upfront your experience will be hassle-free. Mine was and I’m loving the Tundra.

Thanks again Jon

What’s up neighbor!
I am in WI too (Packers Baby) and want you to ask for 12% off instead of the 6% they are giving you ($2,755). That should bring you to an awesome deal.
Should be able to get to 10% minimum at Wilde in MKE or Smart in Madison.

Bear

That’s actually what I emailed for % off. I figured start high and see what happens,even just to start conversation. Wilde I’m hoping to have success on because they are the only ones with multiple SX in stock and my brother is interested as well. I’m hoping if I get more than one they’ll be more flexible with discount. Will get an email going to Smart,thanks for the insight!

1 Like

Why not get a higher MSRP off road or sport. At 10% dealer discount you will be under $275/month

Well based on the calculator if I get 10% off this is MSRP that would be less than$250! Now that’s a deal.

oops error on my end

I’m in Wisconsin too. It should be easy to get 10-12% off. I got mine from Jim but Smart, Heiser, and Andrew seemed to be easy to work with.

The comment you made about the baby seat not fitting but you being in love with the truck anyways makes me think you may regret this choice. You see posts like yours in the lease transfer section quite a bit so it’s something to consider before you sign any paperwork.

Might want to read his post again. His current Tacoma is short on space. The Tundra can easily accommodate a child seat in any configuration.

100% don’t regret the Tacoma. Thought it would be roomier with the car seat, really don’t get a good feel until driving for a while. We know we can suffer through for a while until the child is in front facing car seat, just having the giant tundra would be nicer, especially since we plan on growing the family. If the price is right we make the switch,if not it’s status quo

You may not want to hear this but the SR-5 TRD Off-Road Crew with convenience pack “seems” to be the sweet spot for a deal.
Remember, the SX looks cool blacked out, but your not buying it just renting it.

Bear

Update on this. Emailed a couple of dealers, almost all want to stay around $400/month.Original Tundra quote I received is now sold.

-Dealer 1: Started at $384, they only came down $372. This was for a $47k tundra
-Dealer 2: SX model, came in at $262. They however refused to send me a paper copy, said I had to come in. They seemed very iffy on the phone, like they were all about the bait and switch. 3 hours away I’m not going to waste my time with that shenanigans.
-Dealer 3: Started at $401, switched to $327 after asking about US Bank. They dropped down $278 after a little bit of pushing. I think I can get them down more, the internet salesperson is bugging me multiple times a day to come in. This is my best shot so far
-Dealer 4: $420/month with $1000 down. They refuse to move on price, saying that its already a “lease special” and that it’s their last one in stock so someone will buy it. According to cargurus it’s been on their lot for 3 months, 5 months trying to sell total. They did offer to double my $100 internet coupon to help out.
-Dealer 5: working on hearing back with numbers.

sounds like my same situation. I got basically the same numbers and same runaround from 4 dealers here in Missouri until I dound one willing to play ball.
Im waiting on my offroad to get on the lot, which should be this weekend. Dealer says he can do 225 down and 225 per month (before tax). But none of the finance guys seem to be able to fill out the US Bank worksheet correctly. I negotiated 8.6% off MSRP plus the $3000 toyota cash incentive in KC area. Thats the monthly I was shooting for, and I asked for 9%, they countered with 8.6% off no problem. Could have gone lower. - Now just waiting to see if they can actually get their sh# together and get the paperwork right.

1 Like

I’d love to be at $225. It be the same payment as the Tacoma that I’m in!

Keep pushing. Try speaking to the managers directly. Any luck with Smart Toyota?

I did not. I’m not sure why either. Sent them a message last night now, so we’ll see where that one goes

Picked one up, Rhinelander Toyota

Nice job! Mine ended up at 266 per month + tax 0 das. 24month 12k miles.
47600 msrp plus free predator bars.
Well over the 225 dealer said, but I took it.