2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad (South East)

Long time lurker, I had dreams of an M3 comp. after seeing some posts, but it isn’t in my cards. Now I’m here mostly for the photos, haha.

I’ll start by saying this dealership, and the 3 other Toyota dealerships in the area, will not use an outside bank.

Quick info:
Tacoma TRD Off-road
41,218 MSRP
36/12k
$354/mo, first month DAS

Second, the deals I read are all in North, some in the west coast, and definitely you folks in Texas are living large. I am in the South East and haven’t seen any in this area. The lease payments I’m seeing on the forum for Tacomas (offroads) range in the 230’s and up, but I understand it changed month to month.

Anyways, I was hoping to get feedback on this 36/12k lease. According to them, this region for Toyota only does 36 month/12k leases. Not a big deal to me, but I would have liked to do a 10k.

My assumption is this deal is not good: their discount on MSRP is nice (12.6%) but the MF (.00235) looks really high. Does anyone have experience with a dealer/broker in SC? I don’t really want to ship.

Assuming I did my calculator incorrectly, here is an image of the lease sheet.
leasehackr.com/calculator?make=none&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=41218&sales_price=36036.59&months=36&mf=.00235&dp=354&dealer_fee=225&acq_fee=995&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=75&reg_fee=500&sales_tax=5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Thanks

If the dealer is using TFS, MF seems in range. But double check the Edmunds forums for your region.

Also, if TFS, inquire about MSDs to lower MF.

Just go to @Jrouleau426 and have it shipped

3 Likes

Assuming he has them in stock lol

I can do a $44k premium offrd for about the same price…and you will only have to do 24 months. So no replacing tires/brakes

1 Like

I thought about that but shipping would be around $700, his fee $500.
That $1200/24 months is $50 a month. So now looking at his posts, assuming $295 with tax payment is actually $345/mo.

Is it fair to do the math like that? Or am I over simplifying it?

Msds are huge on these. You can put them on a 0% credit card if you don’t have the cash

2 Likes

Those are definitely the costs to consider.

But quote you’re looking at is 36 month lease.

So make sure comparing apples to apples.

Check for MSDs with your dealer. Will save you greatly. MF will be down to about 0.00145 or something

1 Like

If I had the Tacoma TRD Off-Road, I could have done around $365 in Texas, but tax in Texas is incredibly larger than tax in South Carolina. I don’t know MF for SETF, but MF in GST is .00197.

The dealer (last night) said it was 0.00235. I was there for an ~hour total. The others I reached out to through Edmunds also had a high MF. Waiting to hear back from two others.

You have to search the Edmunds forum. They will provide the exact MF in your region based on your zip.

1 Like

Is the rebate inclusive in the total discount?
If it is, .00235 makes sense.

Maybe try and find a swap to take over from someone who picked up a Taco during the 2019 bonanza?

Hey willy! I added the rates, residuals & MSD for you. Comment was flagged because we had to register. Just wanted to make sure you saw them. If not I can resend them to you

Repost… It was removed

Double Cab TRD off Road:
0 MSD - Base Residual 73% 12k 2% Adjustment = 75% Residual. MF (0.00215)
You can go up to 9 MSD at $500 Each
9 MSD - RESIDUAL SAME MF (0.00183)

We can try to work a deal on your behalf at the Toyota dealership there but it might be better off us shipping from NY. We can get it shipped with our wholesale account for about $300 but only $75 Doc fee. Usually dealers over there charge a lot more. Might come out better for you

Your NY dealer allows MSDs?

1 Like

Ah sorry you are right Jon I believe I would have to run it through my NJ dealer if you are going to use MSD. NY doesn’t allow it. Might be different in if the customer isn’t in NY would have to double check. Either way I could still get it done. Thanks for the catch @Jon

Thanks for all the feedback all. I found another dealer that’s giving me a higher residual (75%) so here is my current calculator link

$46541 MSRP (8.8% off, trying to get to 10%, but please respond with this current deal)
Monthly Payment with Tax: $374
Drive-Off: $1,608

• First Month Payment: $374
  • Down Payment: $0
  • Upfront Fees: $1,199
  • Upfront Taxes: $35

Thoughts?