2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT quote

Helping my folks looking for a lease for 36/10

Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Subaru&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=38849&sales_price=35904&months=36&mf=.00100&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=1250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=61&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=8.1&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

MF from Edmunds .00100 RV 61%

$1250 total would be loyalty + Chase discount relationship.

The discount is meh, 7.6% From MSRP

I’d like to use the chase discount but it’s valid only until the end of this month the $750

Any suggestions where to move from here?

Also dealer wanted $1000 down payment, I told them I wanted $0 down, they said then they would use the $1000 to pay towards the acquisition and taxes…which obviously I would do.

Interested to hear responses and your experience.

I am a huge Outback fan as we have an 06 we just love. That said, high 300s for one seems crazy to me but I know they are normally tough on leasing. I’m looking at a CX9 for less than those numbers but I’d buy an Onyx tomorrow @ ~$350 Good luck.

I sent an email to another dealer and see what they can do, market is tough and I’m sure dealers will start getting desperate to move units.
I’d like to aim for 10% but in my market it’s very tough since we only have two dealers in northern Nevada. I can try to extend my research to northern Cali.

Lots of Outback discussion on this forum, just look for it.
Guys said they can get 12-14.8% off MSRP plus $750 rebate.
Another said $303 for a lease…


On an XT? All the big discounts that I recall were on Limiteds. Not a Subaru expert but I know different trims have different inventory/demand.

“$303” in a vacuum is pretty meaningless and likely misleading.

$303 on an XT?

That must have been a hell of a deal!

I am hoping to push for 10-12% MSRP

1 Like

I am pushing the dealers button, today the sales man told me he can get the payment down to $350 plus tax.

A dealer/broker on this board has an XT Limited for $1000 drive off/$400month with tax…36/10K…that’s without any loyalty in CA…do a search.

Wish I waited…leased mine in December for substantially more.

But then again, I had no idea this virus was around the corner.

My guess is the longer you wait, the better the deals will get…people are not lining up to buy cars.

It’s not like Outbacks are toilet paper!

1 Like

True that, sucks that beyond the 31st I lose the $750 discount…

I work at a subaru dealership and you might be able to get a selling price lke that if they are desperate but that 350+ tax i bet if rolled in will put you in the mid 4s. Their doc fee is probably insane, and other dealer fees. There is no way a outback XT will lease that cheap theres something wrong here.

Desperate they are, seems like they are closing dealership around town due to the virus.

It will suck if they close it will definitely suck…

Well I don’t know what to say to you, here is the sheet they gave me, this excludes the $500 loyalty and the $750 chase offer.

I am still trying to figure this out how to put this on a calculator if someone wants to help me.

I don’t know how they are getting me to the $350 number.

Adding in your $1250 in incentives not included gets you to $360 pre-tax

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate the help, I’m still a noob when it comes to using the darn calculator

My sales guy trying to pressure me asking me to try to get the deal closed ASAP because they may be closing any days…

I don’t work well under pressure.

Then don’t deal with pressure. Do your folks need this car now? If not, walk away and wait till things cool off.

Nope, they don’t need a car right away.

I told my dad and he agrees, the only reason we were considering getting things done this month it’s so the $750 chase coupon doesn’t go to waste…

1 Like

Then throw them a Hail Mary ‘this is what I will sign for today’ offer and walk away if they can’t do it.

Worst case they say no, best case you get a crazy deal.

Good idea, I’ll send an email and see what their reaction will be.
I wish the $1000 Subaru coupon and $500 could be stacked, only the $750 and the $500 can be stacked.

1 Like

I asked for an additional $1500 off the MSRP, I have been greeted with a silent no reply.

Also it appears most sales people were sent home, some basic skeleton crews on site. So that could be the reason no reply.

Totally understand their concern due to the current pandemic. Safety over anything, if anything I’ll revisit this in 30 or so days when things hopefully comeback to normal.

Also everyone selling cars out there be safe!