2020 Stinger GT2 AWD

BMW leases loaners with a lot more miles than that. Maybe look into that?

I would recommend Volvo, but the only thing that will come close to the GT2 is a T6 or T8 R-Design S60/90. Problem is that R-Design models and T8s rarely go on loaner, and I don’t think the incentives are good enough now to lease one of them. Still, it would probably be cheaper to lease than the Stinger of you found one that has been renting out a parking space on a monthly basis :joy:.

Manager sent me this on a 2019 GT2. I’ve never had one send me something like this. But he said he’s an open book. Do you think the G70 (similar trim) is still a better value?

I do like the look of the S60 but haven’t sat in or driven one. The last quote I got on a Volvo (XC60) was exorbitantly high but it wasn’t a loaner. Maybe I’ll have to look into one of those, as well.

No dealer is going to lose $2000 on a car. The terms are better (I would still look at other vehicles for price comparison), but I just think that there are some smoke and mirrors here.

According to that he’s making $3k on the backend…lol

I really enjoy my S60. It was a loaner and a T5 FWD, but I got it for $300 with $0 DAS and couldn’t be happier. I am no critic, but it is fun to drive and minimal turbo lag.

Signed: 2020 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum FWD (Loaner)

1 Like

Lol I didn’t even see the second number. I just am not getting the “open book” vibe being presented.

I’m not familiar with what that means in dealer world. That would be post sale of just the vehicle right? Not exactly sure where that number comes from.

That’s very reasonable for a nice Volvo. I’ll definitely check around. I’m not set on model or even brand. I just like the look and options in the Stinger. I’m definitely not in a hurry, so that helps a bit. Leasing is less risky when it comes to reliability so that opens a large array of options for me.

So they have the rate marked up on the deal, so they’re are losing the ~$1900ish on the front end but making ~$3k on the rate. In reality they are keeping the hold back, which I assume is ~%3 of msrp

The floorplan on that stinger must be like the total of 3 average priced kia’s

1 Like

Don’t KIA’s have some crazy 100,000 mile powertrain warranty? They are surely not a CamCord, but the long warranty wouldn’t have me worried as much.

That actually make a lot of sense. Didn’t see that high MF.

Better value and a much much nicer car

2 Likes

Gotcha. So I could either push for more off to start (maybe unsuccessfully) or just look elsewhere. Seems like look elsewhere is a common sentiment on the Stinger.

Seems like under $450 would be a deal on one of these

Seems like, in my area, the Genesis brand is way harder to come by than a Kia. But it does seem like quite a few more bells and whistles. I’ll check it out this weekend.

Under $450 with the 1st payment DAS option? I’m getting something like a 9 on the LH calculator. I’ll play around with it to do better and see where it goes.

Yeah, that would be a deal. Get them to $440 and it looks like a net net deal or close to it

1 Like

Following. It would be really cool to see that happen. Even on a new 2019!

Have you talked to other dealers or looked at other inventory?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I’ve been lurking and reading for a while and finally decided to sign up and ask. You guys are great. Much appreciated.

1 Like