2020 Mini HT - is this a good lease?

I’m trying to gauge whether this is a good deal to sign and I’d appreciate some help.

2020 Mini Hardtop - Signature Trim with Navigation ($1700)
MSRP - $29,785
Selling Price - $28,304 (-$1,480)
Money Factor - 0.00107
Residual - 55%
Taxes, Fees, 1st payment due = $2,652 - $330 (1st payment waiver) = $2,322
15k miles/year lease for 36 months

monthly payment $379/mo.

I tried to plug in the numbers to the calculator but could not get the same $379/mo number no matter how I tried.

Any advice/guidance is greatly appreciated.

I would highly suggest looking at the same car but in the S trim because the RV is stronger.

1 Like

To be honest, I was a little taken back by the $379/mo quote for a car with a 3-cylinder engine. I’ve leased a 3 series in the not so recent past for considerably less than that which leads me to think this may not be a good value.

Check out RODO for comparison. I was recently looking to possibly move into a 2d Cooper 2 HT and it was coming out around 310/m with signature + nav as I’ve grown accustomed to driving with carplay.

1 Like

We’re paying an effective $406/mo (36/10) for a signature countryman s all4 on a sign and drive lease in VA. The msrp of the car was 38.4k. They discounted our car to 33.6k (including incentives) before taxes and fees. Mini has some pretty good incentives right now, iirc $2,000 on a hardtop plus first three payments up to $330 covered. In short, this deal does not look good to me.

1 Like

You are right. It’s not a good value at all. That 5% discount is not helping your case either. I would look search for comparable deals in the forum. If they are similar I would change my target car & brand if I were you. Good luck.

1 Like

I’d pass and keep trying. Right now on RODO there’s Countryman S’s at $38k going for that. I agree with @Bostoncarconcierge and try for the S with a better residual. My S Convertible runs me $313/mo for 36mos without tax, MSRP $35950.

1 Like