Adjusted Price $41138
Fees $595
Doc Fee $389
Tax $73.40
Non Tax Fees $179.55
Total Cost $42374.95
Loyalty $2000

They had me at $1K down $535/mo

You shared a lot of good information. To help you best, we need a little more information from you.

Your total discounted selling price is 21.7% off MSRP. You should break out this discount into it’s two parts.

1. Acura is giving your dealer an incentive to lower the price for you. How much is Acura giving you? You can find this information out on Edmunds.com.

2. The second component is the dealer discount. The dealer reached into her pocket and gave you a discount. How much?

Once you share these 2 additional data points we can help you evaluate your deal.

Also, you should share the MF in your deal. Did your dealer mark it up?

Decent deal but surprsingly low residual for a Honda. Is that right 36 month rv is 52%?

Nice to see you added MF/RV.

Heads up. If you qualify for loyalty, your dealer should run your deal at 0.00215. I believe you get a 0.00010 drop in MF if you are a loyal Acura lessor. You need to verify.

1 Like

They are saying that they don’t know anything about the .00010 loyalty discount.

Did you go to Edmunds and ask for the MF, RV and incentives in your region? See if Edmunds comes back with 215 or 225. I could be wrong.

When I ask, I get 0.00215 for my region.

I got .00058 with lower incentives, and .00225 with higher(more) incentives

Sorry, Acura likes my region more than yours :wink:

2 Likes

Are the incentives ($2K loyalty and $500 conquest) stackable?

It’s usually one or the other, not both. But you can ask to confirm

Doesn’t Honda typically have pretty realistic RVs (vs. the Germans)?

I used this quote to push my local dealer to what I think is his limit. I got him to $1300 total out of pocket, $499/mon including tax, and my last lease payment before pull ahead. Here are screen shots of the deal I used. Thoughts?

I can help you focus on a key deal variable - locking in a good pre-incentive discount: the discount from your dealer BEFORE any incentives coming to you from Acura (not the dealer).

$52,525 MSRP
$40,510 Selling Price
$12,015 Total Discount

$ 8,250 Acura-to-Dealer Incentive
$ 3,765 Dealer Discount
7.2% Pre-Incentive Discount (3765/52525)

Your $12,015 total discount is coming from 2 places. Acura is giving an incentive to its dealers (share the amount for your region, see edmunds) and a discount is coming out of the dealer’s pocket. IF your Acura-to-dealer incentive is $8,250 (the # in my region) that means your dealer is giving you a discount of $3,765.

Take a look at some recent MDX deals on this site and see how your 7.2% pre-incentive discount compares. In your search you may find that 7.2% might be a little light. You may be able to negotiate another $1,000+ lower, or a $39,500 SP. YMMV.

Also, think through your need to pull ahead your old lease. This is a dealer-friendly market where they have limited inventory and they want to maximize per unit profit. They are looking for buyers that will pay up a little. The market maybe more buyer friendly in the Fall/Winter.

1 Like

I was at this dealership a couple of weeks ago. There is conquest for non - Acura and loyalty for Acura too. Your worksheet shows $3600 out of pocket. Where did the additional 2300 come from? Yes, # [824] might be right. There could be a little more on the table.

@Ira610 Good to see you back. How deep were you able to get on your Acura negotiation?

$2000 of it is a loyalty rebate, and $1600 is out of pocket. I used this and got my local guy to drop the $1600 to $1300. I pushed both to go to $1000 total out of pocket and they both balked at that.

I ended up walking away. I like the cars however the dealers were quoting with all available discounts then adding back in what you don’t qualify for like loyalty.

I’ve owned 2 Acuras however the last one was back in turned around 2001. Since then it’s been Hondas. We just turned in our 2017 Accord Hybrid last weekend. The clock is ticking on our disposition fee.

If they are both balking maybe you found their bottom.

I ended up getting to $1K total out of pocket, $499/mo including tax, and them taking my last lease payment before pull ahead.

What selling price did you settle on?