2020 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD?

Hey. So i also did not have any loyalty. Since no other mazda in household. I did not get any addons since not needed for me. I only got the gap insurance which added $22 on top of my 345 monthly. What dealer are you working with?

young mazda and ty for sharing!

Key Data Recap:
Pre-Incentive Discount 8.4% per calculator (MSRP 29695, Pre-Incentive SP 27,215)
No lease cash or conditional incentives.
@jsingh5292 confirmed Buy Rate MF

I suggest you negotiate a bigger pre-incentive discount - the key to any Mazda deal.

How many dealers have you received an offer from? How have they reacted when you asked for a bigger discount? If you are getting heavy resistance from several dealers you may be at the mercy of a dealer-friendly market.

Covid caused a shut-down in production. Inventory on all badges is tight. Tight inventory = less discount. Make sure you know the inventory position at all your local dealers and engage those with the most favorable inventory position.

Is your MF at the buy rate?

Caveat: I am not familiar with NJ fees and taxes so I will let the knowledgeable folks here weigh in on those aspects.

Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you for your input; and this dealership has been the most friendliest to work with and I totally understand what your saying from a COVID perspective. I have spoken with 3 dealerships so far and this the best one and pending conversation with a 4th; and I did confirm with Edmunds the MF and RV;
Thank you!

You are “fighting the good fight”. I am rooting for you. I hope you have a little more energy in the tank, NJ should have plenty of Mazda dealers. At 4 dealers you are just warming up.

You are grinding for an incremental $500+ discount. No shame in tapping out when your energy or time run out - if you are getting the options/color you seek.

Good luck.

Here is a recent (Covid influenced) pre-incentive discount data point for you in case you didn’t see it. Based on your homework here, what pre-incentive discount are you working towards?

unfortunately dont have any discounts that can be applied; first responder would of potentially worked for me last month; but no longer this month.
Also, ty for the kind words! Appreciate it! will cont’d to hunt!

My mom just got one in PA this weekend, MSRP was just over 30k, 12k miles 2000 das, $300 pm with pa tax which was about 11-12% discount. I called 5 other dealers in the area including NJ and they didn’t want to come close.

Thank you! really appreciate that!

can someone please help to see if i have input these numbers in properly?

You need to tweak the calculator for points 1 & 2.

1. Selling Price really means “pre-Incentive selling price” if you read the calculator instructions carefully. 29455-2312.

2. Mazda lease cash should be input in the cap cost reduction section. Either as a Taxed or Untaxed incentive. Depends on how your state handles incentives. In CA, it’s taxed.

3. $650 acq fee is in the right place. Only decision you need to make is roll it into your lease payment or pay as part of your DAS. Notice there is a box to check.

4. Note, in CA some dealers roll some of the other fees into the lease and some include them in DAS. Every dealer has their own way of doing things. I bring this up because if your calculator doesn’t match your dealer it is most likely due to a. differences in how you treated capitalized and DAS fees and b. you are not using the same MF as the dealer.

Thank you again for your help! Can you please tell me how you were able to tell that my MF was different from the dealer? Would like to learn and update;
If i calculate the DAS and spread over 36 months; it comes out equal to what the dealership has said in regards to monthly payment.
Thank you!!!

The document your dealer gave you does NOT reflect your MF. The MF is a secret profit weapon for dealers. In this weird 5 digit after-the-decimal-place figure then dealer can build more profit in your deal. Pay ATTENSION to what MF your dealer is using and make sure you are getting the buy rate MF you found on edmunds.com.

Here is my best tip for you if you like to follow the numbers in your deal - request a lease worksheet.

The document you shared above is not a lease worksheet. It is a simplified deal sheet that doesn’t reflect all the variables used to calculate your monthly payment and DAS.

Every software program dealers use to calculate your lease payment and DAS produces a printable lease worksheet with all the leasing variables. You need to ask your dealer for it. They will only share it with you IF YOU ASK . Get it and post it. If your worksheet doesn’t have a MF on it, it’s not a lease worksheet. If your worksheet doesn’t have the calculation of net capitalized cost on it, it’s not a lease worksheet.

Post your lease worksheet and hackrs can help you spot any slight-of-hand in your deal.

1 Like

Thank you so much; i was under the assumption that the MF I received from Edmund is what she had been using as I told her that I what I expected to pay; you have been more than helpful and I will ask her for that. Thank you again so much for all your help!

Please note, I don’t want to imply that your dealer (or any dealer) is trying to trick you. The MF is a lease variable that goes unnoticed by 80% of lessors. You MUST know what MF is being used on your deal and you MUST know the buy rate from edmunds. If they are not the same, bring it up respectfully.

I actually like to just ask for the lease worksheet and see what MF the dealer is using. If it’s marked up, that tells me something about how the dealer conducts business. Its just like poker, watch how the other people play the game and adjust your strategy accordingly.

1 Like

Thank you again so much! So I have contacted the sales person and they just keep texting me numbers, instead of sending me the sheet with the breakdown; however she did confirm that MF and RF is the same from Edmunds that I received; additionally they are waiving 1st month payment (total of 35 months). I feel like Im just going to say yes at this point and look at the sheet breakdown (will be mailing to the house secondary to COVID-19) as they continue to be elusive in giving information little bit at a time lol .

Enjoy the car.

If you would find it helpful you can post your lease contract and I can break your deal down for you. Don’t include any personal or dealer info, just post the sections with numbers.

GM Jsingh. I am in the market looking to lease Mazda CX-30 base. I did lot of research on SUV and decided to fix on Mazda CX-30. I’m NJ resident, can you please tell me which dealer you are working with. I tried to contact one broker here, but he is waiting for updates, in the meantime I want to try myself until he updates the deals. Thanks

@KKars Good call tapping posters in your area. @jsingh5292 hustled for his deal so he will hook you up. One tip, find how much inventory each dealer has in your area and work with the ones with the most on-lot product. You biggest negotiating challenge in this current market is low inventory. Dealers are working to optimize per unit profit - normally we like dealers who are chasing big volume bonuses so they see the financial wisdom in passing along bigger discounts to us. Not happening right now.

1 Like

Yes, after watching this site for several weeks, I sat down and decided to look what buyer are posting and start my own research. How can I find inventory of dealers?

Thanks for your help and support.