2020 Mazda CX-5 GT W/ Premium Package - Not Signed Yet

Hello Everyone,

I have the current deal in place and was seeing if you think that I could push for more. This is in So Cal.

2020 Mazda CX-5 GT W/ Premium Package
MSRP: $33,985
Selling Price without incentives : $31, 345 (7.8% off)
Incentives : $250 Lease Cash (Regional) and $750 Loyalty Cash
MF: .0001 (.02%)
Residual : 58%

Overall Sale Price : $30,345

Drive off : First Month (Waived by Mazda) so $0
Monthly without tax : $326/month
Monthly with tax : $351/month

I think I can maybe get it pushed to 9% off before incentives, but wanted to see what everyone thought.

Thanks in advance!

I just did one similar with MSRP $35,xxx for $345/mo so you’re in the ballpark, I couldn’t get them to go deeper on the initial discount.

Okay, that’s good to know. I’ll push for 8.5% then and see what happens.
Quick question for you.
Did they do the first month payment waiver as cap cost? Or how was it applied in your scenario?

Lease cash went down? It was 720 a month ago

Possibly. I’ve seen that different regions and the trims have different lease cash associated. For my area it’s only $250 at the moment

I’m the same region and got the same trim as you, that’s why I asked. They must have lowered base mf and lease cash for September. For me I had $720 and buy rate of .00027.

Ah, looks like the numbers stay the same either way though. It fluctuated $1/mo when switching the number from last months to now lol.

What kind of discount did you get compared to my current offer? Do you think there’s more flexibility?

Hi. Would it be possible for you to DM the dealer contact info once you’ve completed yours? I’m in SoCal as well and have only tried one dealership in Glendale. I used someone else’s post on their deal and they straight said, “can’t do the deal.” lol.

From what I saw it was “first payment on them” it wasn’t added back into my cap cost that I can see.

First month waiver was added to the rebates for me. So as a cap as hawk said.

Now that you say that, yes it was as a rebate.

Great, that helps a lot. Thank you guys!

I got two dealers to offer me that. I wouldn’t show a dealer a post from here. What I do is:
Research current deals on here. Then contact the dealers and I’ll send them a breakdown of what I’m looking to get based on what I find here. Sales price, incentives, MF, etc.

If you just show them the post and say I want this they won’t play game. If you show them you’ve done research and know your stuff, then they’ll be a little more willing. Assuming you’re not asking for something outlandish.

I did not directly link the dealer to a post from here, but copy/paste the breakdown from a post. I’m actually looking at a variety of cars, and unfortunately, don’t have the luxury of time to do all the DD on each and every vehicle I might be interested in. This is why I’m taking the copy/paste route at the moment.

You are copying and pasting deals that people took several rounds of negotiations to get to.

You can’t just copy and paste and say “give me this”. It doesn’t work that way.

Go in with that as your goal, but you are going to have to start from the beginning and find a dealer that will get you there.